Madden 21

Bought Madden 20 for $11 dollars because I wanted to see where it's at after not buying a Madden at launch since either Madden 16 or Madden 25. I cant remember.

This game is TRASH. I legitimately was debating buying Madden 21 because in my opinion there's not gonna be an NFL season this year. There is no shot I'm buying it now LOL.

After playing the HELL out of NBA 2K20, which I got for free on PS4 because of Playstation Plus, I was sooooooo underwhelmed by the features and settings in Madden 20. It's honestly unbelievable to me they charge the same price for both of these games. This was the first 2K I have played since probably 2015 as well so I'm not just some biased 2K fan.

Abhorrent lack of shame from EA.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

Bought Madden 20 for $11 dollars because I wanted to see where it's at after not buying a Madden at launch since either Madden 16 or Madden 25. I cant remember.

This game is TRASH. I legitimately was debating buying Madden 21 because in my opinion there's not gonna be an NFL season this year. There is no shot I'm buying it now LOL.

After playing the HELL out of NBA 2K20, which I got for free on PS4 because of Playstation Plus, I was sooooooo underwhelmed by the features and settings in Madden 20. It's honestly unbelievable to me they charge the same price for both of these games. This was the first 2K I have played since probably 2015 as well so I'm not just some biased 2K fan.

I haven’t watched an NBA game for nearly a decade now and I would buy that NBA game before Madden this year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TwoUpTwoDown said:

Well said.

It boggles my mind that people keep spending money on this.  I just laugh looking back over the years where people got pissy because I called out the game for being basically the same every single year.    I suppose those people were just mad at being called out on their gullibility for being duped into buying this garbage year after year.    I got labeled as an EA hater, when all I want is a football sim that doesnt get boring after 2 games.

And for the record, I am not knocking people for enjoying playing a game of Madden from time to time.    I miss playing videogame football too, but paying $60 EVERY YEAR for primarily graphical upgrades and roster updates?      I dont see how anyone can justify that.   I get that people get alot of hours out of Madden playing online and vs friends and such....but it doesnt dismiss the fact you are foolishly paying for essentially the same game over and over again.

It saddens me to think what Madden could be if they had just continually built off of Madden 12 for the last 9 years.     That game was headed in the right direction at that point, and then 13 came along and destroyed everything, and the game has been pretty bad ever since.

• Like 4

NBA 2K20 is a terrible game.  It's one of the worst 2K games I've ever played in my life.  I get that Madden sucks now (I didn't buy Madden 20), but 2K is seriously not that much better and this is coming from an avid player of both franchise for a long time.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, showtime said:

NBA 2K20 is a terrible game.  It's one of the worst 2K games I've ever played in my life.  I get that Madden sucks now (I didn't buy Madden 20), but 2K is seriously not that much better and this is coming from an avid player of both franchise for a long time.

I don't disagree that the gameplay in 2k is pretty terrible and frustrating after a while. With that said it is pretty comparable to Madden while being slightly better imo. They both have ups and downs.

The thing that differentiates the two games as a whole for me is how many more settings/features 2k has in franchise and other modes that Madden simply doesn't have (and hasn't ever had).

Gameplay is whatever, it seems like that is something that is very hard to get right, let alone perfect. What bothers me is that adding extra features and settings in modes like franchise ISN'T HARD AT ALL. Like there's no excuse not to do it, they just don't do it. No one understands why, thus the trending on Twitter lol.

Like just go play other sports games and steal their features. Or god forbid get a little creative.

• Like 2

On 8/7/2020 at 3:11 PM, TwoUpTwoDown said:

Yeah, I played Madden 20 once and it was literally the same game as Madden 19 lol

On 8/7/2020 at 7:59 PM, 43M said:

Well said.

It boggles my mind that people keep spending money on this.  I just laugh looking back over the years where people got pissy because I called out the game for being basically the same every single year.    I suppose those people were just mad at being called out on their gullibility for being duped into buying this garbage year after year.    I got labeled as an EA hater, when all I want is a football sim that doesnt get boring after 2 games.

And for the record, I am not knocking people for enjoying playing a game of Madden from time to time.    I miss playing videogame football too, but paying $60 EVERY YEAR for primarily graphical upgrades and roster updates?      I dont see how anyone can justify that.   I get that people get alot of hours out of Madden playing online and vs friends and such....but it doesnt dismiss the fact you are foolishly paying for essentially the same game over and over again.

It saddens me to think what Madden could be if they had just continually built off of Madden 12 for the last 9 years.     That game was headed in the right direction at that point, and then 13 came along and destroyed everything, and the game has been pretty bad ever since.

I'll buy the game in case the season is canceled, but I'll wait to get it off someone from Ebay or The Exchange in South Side.

Edited by SteelKing728
I'm assuming you live in the city haha
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

I'll buy the game in case the season is canceled, but I'll wait to get it off someone from Ebay or The Exchange in South Side.

Dont live in the city, but I know what youre talking about.

As long as youre not giving your money to EA, so be it.     Id like a football fix too, but I wont give a cent to EA.   Thats not just Madden either.   I refuse to buy any EA game at this point.   The only one I may consider is Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 43M said:

Dont live in the city, but I know what youre talking about.

As long as youre not giving your money to EA, so be it.     Id like a football fix too, but I wont give a cent to EA.   Thats not just Madden either.   I refuse to buy any EA game at this point.   The only one I may consider is Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order.

Good game, but by it on Ebay.

EA's empire must come crashing down. Its the only way they will learn.

• Like 1

On 8/8/2020 at 12:59 AM, 43M said:

Well said.

Yeah I could live with a yearly rehash and roster upgrade, which is essentially all Madden is, IF it was priced accordingly.

it is not. It is priced as premium triple A game every time, and marketed with the latest gimmicky ground breaking upgrade (like QB vision cone.......*tumbleweed*). It's for teenagers, kids and/or casual fans and they get hyped because it has their latest mega-athlete on the cover. 

EA know what they're doing it, they are masters of the con. I don't mind being called an EA hater, they've given plenty of reasons (not just Madden by any means) for us to hate them.

16 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Good game, but by it on Ebay.

EA's empire must come crashing down. Its the only way they will learn.

Well you'd have thought they learned from this;

EA Responds | “Accept It Or Don’t Buy The Game”!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YK6sL2t5E8

EA gets roasted at the game awards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91_yIAqBwbU

EA Says ''ACCEPT IT OR DONT BUY IT''

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_iHIIp7clA

I'm not referring to the substance (namely the issues about women in war), I am solely referring to them being surprised that people took their advice of 'if you don't like it, don't buy it'. They now know if they put out products that people aren't happy with, they WILL stop buying it (that game tanked apparently). 

We need to do the same with Madden. We need to stop buying it.

On 8/8/2020 at 1:19 AM, TwoUpTwoDown said:

I don't disagree that the gameplay in 2k is pretty terrible and frustrating after a while. With that said it is pretty comparable to Madden while being slightly better imo. They both have ups and downs.

The thing that differentiates the two games as a whole for me is how many more settings/features 2k has in franchise and other modes that Madden simply doesn't have (and hasn't ever had).

Gameplay is whatever, it seems like that is something that is very hard to get right, let alone perfect. What bothers me is that adding extra features and settings in modes like franchise ISN'T HARD AT ALL. Like there's no excuse not to do it, they just don't do it. No one understands why, thus the trending on Twitter lol.

Like just go play other sports games and steal their features. Or god forbid get a little creative.

I played substantially long franchise modes on both Madden and NBA 2k this year and I thought Madden's franchise mode was better.  NBA 2k18 was the best franchise mode of the past decade but the last 2 years it has been on a downward trend, with GM mode being completely unplayable this year.  

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

I played substantially long franchise modes on both Madden and NBA 2k this year and I thought Madden's franchise mode was better.  NBA 2k18 was the best franchise mode of the past decade but the last 2 years it has been on a downward trend, with GM mode being completely unplayable this year.  

So I agree GM mode was awful because of the horrrrrrible cut scenes that you are forced to watch in order to keep everyone happy. Terrible concept with a terrible and repetitive execution.

I am mainly pointing at small features 2k has such as "Force Trade" and "Trade Finder" to (name a few among many) that make the experience way better in terms of long term replayability. Another aspect that I really appreciated in 2k was the depth of some of the commonalities such as salary cap and player/coach contracts. 2k is on a level Madden hasn't sniffed in over a decade there and it's not debatable. Unless you just turn the cap off in Madden it's usually impossible to make any sort of trade which is super annoying and to me automatically makes it unplayable.

Like I said before I haven't played 2k in half a decade until this year's version and likely wouldn't have unless it was free. You are correct about the previous versions of 2k being better, I know that because my friends told me that a week after it came out last year. I honestly don't even really care about that, I just want all of these gaming companies to do better so we can purchase something fun and playable and be happy about spending the money instead of ripping the game to shreds every single year.

On 8/10/2020 at 12:36 PM, MKnight82 said:

It's hard because a lot of people here don't play 2K like we do.  They just play casually, so they don't know about the massive issues.

For example, I was in a online league and we couldn't even advance to the next season because of some bug or issue in the game.  All of that time spent completely wasted.  I've played Madden for so many years and have never had that happen to me EVER.

2K is complete garbage.