Madden 21

You know EA, in the last 12 months as a whole,  made $2.835 billion from microtransactions. Billions...with a B.

This is why they don't bother putting out a finished product or a good product. It's why games are buggy as hell and they need patches a few days after release . EA put out the same recycled crap every time because they know they make their big bucks from teenagers with dad's credit card buying ....whatever it is, loot boxes and extra gear etc?! Obviously that's not just Madden (most of it will be FIFA) but the MO remains. 

The microtransaction areas are never buggy are they....

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

You know EA, in the last 12 months as a whole,  made $2.835 billion from microtransactions. Billions...with a B.

This is why they don't bother putting out a finished product or a good product. It's why games are buggy as hell and they need patches a few days after release . EA put out the same recycled crap every time because they know they make their big bucks from teenagers with dad's credit card buying ....whatever it is, loot boxes and extra gear etc?! Obviously that's not just Madden (most of it will be FIFA) but the MO remains. 

This is one point as to why they don't bother. But the bigger reason is because they don't have too. Why? Because the NFL thought it was a smart idea to make the license exclusive. EA would be sweating if 2K had the right to make another sim football game. And that's coming from someone who wasn't a huge fan of 2K5. (Well, I did mark for their presentation in-game)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

To be fair, as a MUT player, there are actually constant issues when they roll out new content, store offerings, solos, or basically anything. Even things that just reset weekly but are essentially the same thing every week for the entire year. It just doesn’t matter since there are still plenty of people willing to throw money at the shiniest new card regardless of incompetence.

16 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

This is one point as to why they don't bother. But the bigger reason is because they don't have too. Why? Because the NFL thought it was a smart idea to make the license exclusive. EA would be sweating if 2K had the right to make another sim football game. And that's coming from someone who wasn't a huge fan of 2K5. (Well, I did mark for their presentation in-game)

Yes, good point. I think Madden is a bad product, but I also think Fifa is a bad product - but probably not AS bad as Madden. EA do have a big soccer game competitor in Konami's Pro Evo, however.

17 hours ago, RavensfanRD said:

While obviously true, that point goes hand in hand with what @Hunter2_1 said.    

They dont have to try..   Why?   Because they make tons off of MUT and there is no one threatening to take that money away from them.   There is no other alternative and EA knows it.    

This is why I hate the NFL just as much as I hate EA.    EA is scum and everyone knows how bad they are, but the NFL lets them get away with.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Yes, good point. I think Madden is a bad product, but I also think Fifa is a bad product - but probably not AS bad as Madden. EA do have a big soccer game competitor in Konami's Pro Evo, however.

Pro Evo hasn't really been competing for years now. Fifa is just as bad as Madden if not worse. Any game mode outside of Ultimate Team hasn't gotten a change in years and they just add shiny new modes as marketing ploys instead of actually making the other core modes better. For hardcore football fans both games are basically the only way to get to play the sport you want.

1 hour ago, Justone2 said:

Pro Evo hasn't really been competing for years now. Fifa is just as bad as Madden if not worse. Any game mode outside of Ultimate Team hasn't gotten a change in years and they just add shiny new modes as marketing ploys instead of actually making the other core modes better. For hardcore football fans both games are basically the only way to get to play the sport you want.

Just checked sales and you're right. It's 22:1, where ten years ago it was neck and neck.

That is utterly depressing. Not that Pro Evo is great, but they certainly put a bit more care into the actual football (soccer). The tactics and strategy options are far more in depth, it looks a bit more like the actual sport.

People don't buy it because it's North London FC instead of Arsenal. Wahhhh. Toddlers.

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Just checked sales and you're right. It's 22:1, where ten years ago it was neck and neck.

That is utterly depressing. Not that Pro Evo is great, but they certainly put a bit more care into the actual football (soccer). The tactics and strategy options are far more in depth, it looks a bit more like the actual sport.

People don't buy it because it's North London FC instead of Arsenal. Wahhhh. Toddlers.

Yeah before Ultimate Team came out it really was neck and neck and in general i would say PES being more favoured overall. Then Ultimate Team happened and EA took off. Pro Evo is more like real soccer yeah but in the end i think the majority of people buying games like these aren't interested in the depth and realism. They want to have fun sitting on the couch with some friends and a few beverages. Licenses sure help with that but in reality how many people would buy a american football game without the NFL or any license for that matter even if the gameplay was leap and bounds better. People want to play with guys they know and teams they know. 

In the end though sport games are some of the hardest to nail both for the casual community and the hardcore community. If you go too in depth the casuals don't buy your game thus losing the majority of you sales. While the hardcores are the ones that are the most vocal and in that group a concensus over what should be improved isn't even being reached except the overall hate towards EA after which the next year they are the first in line to buy the new game. The main thing i think EA are missing on is the social gaming aspect online. Fifa for example has a 11 v 11 game mode which they could really make bank on and should in my eyes be the base of their competitions. Having a NBA 2K system in place for improving your own player and having a ton of custimisation options for hairstyles either in a shop or battle pass type system would get them the money they want to gain from the game. In Europe now there are a lot of voices for banning loot box systems in games so who knows maybe EA will be forced to change their ways.

On 7/22/2020 at 12:33 PM, titans0021 said:

To be fair, as a MUT player, there are actually constant issues when they roll out new content, store offerings, solos, or basically anything. Even things that just reset weekly but are essentially the same thing every week for the entire year. It just doesn’t matter since there are still plenty of people willing to throw money at the shiniest new card regardless of incompetence.

That should surprise me but it doesn't.  I used to run a sports gaming site and my partner was a Gamechanger for Madden.  This was when MUT first rolled out, and they immediately started getting more support and attention over franchise and career mode.  I am surprised that they would still have those launch issues with their bread and butter so to speak, but again, this is Madden and EA so yeah...........

On 7/22/2020 at 4:53 AM, Hunter2_1 said:

Someone posted in another thread here that COD makes $3 million a day off MTX.  This is why we are never going back.  

9 hours ago, SteelKing728 said:

Is there any chance the nfl will someday not renew the exclusive license for Madden?

if their sales stagnant and 2k does a great job with its game, NFL might open up the license in 2025 or 26. EA reportedly almost lost it this yr.

Edited by August4th
  • Like 1

EA only retained exclusive rights for the simulation aspects of the game. 2K signed a deal with the NFL (March) to produce arcade style gaming but not until 2021 (likely why EA added the Yard) and don’t have the NFLPA’s permission to use player likeness, names etc so just team names and logos