Madden 21

3 minutes ago, Spartacus said:

Not to mention sports game devalue almost immediately after release. 

Exactly.

I cant really knock on anyone for buying sports games yearly because I used to do the same thing, but I would call myself an idiot for doing that.   Such a waste of money.  

In 2004 I bought, Madden, NCAA, NFL2K, NBA Live, EA College Hoops game, FIFA, an MLB game (forget which), a WWE game (again, forget exactly), and probably another sports game or 2 I dont remember.    And I remember the college basketball game sucked and Gamestop would only give me $10 for it....which is when I really started hating Gamestop.

4 hours ago, JBURGE said:

Almost ashamed to say it, but this will be the first Madden in a long time that I won't be getting at launch. I'm not sure I will buy it since I have EA Access or whatever it's called, and I think Madden usually goes on there around 5 months after it comes out. 

Nothing new in franchise mode just killed the game for me. Plus no pre-season/ limited training camp has me at my lowest excitement for football in forever

This game literally seems like a copy paste of Madden 20, which was a mild change from Madden 19. Never have I seen it so apparent that the game was unchanged year to year.

• Like 3

Whoa, wait a dang minute.  I was on Twitter and saw this clip of guys playing Madden 21 in a 3v3 mode.  I've never seen that, so I looked it up.  Apparently, there's a new game mode called "The yard" where it's a 3v3 arcade type game mode. 

Just as a background, during the Xbox 360 and PS3 days, there was this arcade game called "Madden Arcade" that I absolutely LOVED.  Don't tell me this is going to be anything similar to that.....

The Yard will feature new trick play animations never before seen in Madden. It will feature its own career with your customized avatar, letting you collect Rep to build rank and Cred to unlock gear. That gear includes jerseys with rarity statuses ranging from Common to Legendary.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/madden-21-reveals-venues-for-new-arcade-mode-with-/1100-6481005/

12 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I am starting a Madden Anonymous group.  If you feel tempted to give EA money for this game, contact me anytime day or night. 

I always complain about it being the same every year. Then every year I get tempted into buying it as soon as it is released.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, showtime said:

Whoa, wait a dang minute.  I was on Twitter and saw this clip of guys playing Madden 21 in a 3v3 mode.  I've never seen that, so I looked it up.  Apparently, there's a new game mode called "The yard" where it's a 3v3 arcade type game mode. 

Just as a background, during the Xbox 360 and PS3 days, there was this arcade game called "Madden Arcade" that I absolutely LOVED.  Don't tell me this is going to be anything similar to that.....

The Yard will feature new trick play animations never before seen in Madden. It will feature its own career with your customized avatar, letting you collect Rep to build rank and Cred to unlock gear. That gear includes jerseys with rarity statuses ranging from Common to Legendary.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/madden-21-reveals-venues-for-new-arcade-mode-with-/1100-6481005/

Yeah they announced this a little while ago. It was also speculated earlier in the year as Madden seems to add whatever mode Fifa adds on the year before, and Fifa added on an arcade/street mode last year.

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

So I was able to DL the game last night but still can’t play it.  I’m assuming they are allowing pre DLs to help their servers out.

When you get in tomorrow can you make a post about franchise mode, just to confirm nothing looks to have changed?

3 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

So I was able to DL the game last night but still can’t play it.  I’m assuming they are allowing pre DLs to help their servers out.

Can you download the game via EA Play or whatever it's called?  I'm also going to be doing that to try Madden 21.  From what I read, you can't play it until the 21st.

EDIT:  Seems like a bunch of people are playing right now.

8 minutes ago, showtime said:

Can you download the game via EA Play or whatever it's called?  I'm also going to be doing that to try Madden 21.  From what I read, you can't play it until the 21st.

EDIT:  Seems like a bunch of people are playing right now.

I just tried getting on and it says the game still isn't available till launch.  I have EA access too.  

30 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I just tried getting on and it says the game still isn't available till launch.  I have EA access too.  

I'm downloading the trail right now.  Not sure what the issue is for you.  Apparently on Xbox some people's thing is messed up because EA recently changed from EA Access to EA Play.