Madden 21

7 minutes ago, showtime said:

I'm downloading the trail right now.  Not sure what the issue is for you.  Apparently on Xbox some people's thing is messed up because EA recently changed from EA Access to EA Play.

Its pretty ridiculous, but I preDLed the full game as part of my pre-order.  But EA Play isn't recognizing that as the free trial, so its making me re-DL the entire game through EA Play as a free trial.  

2 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Its pretty ridiculous, but I preDLed the full game as part of my pre-order.  But EA Play isn't recognizing that as the free trial, so its making me re-DL the entire game through EA Play as a free trial.  

That doesn't make any sense.  I think the opposite way works, though.  If you download the trail version of the game, it counts as downloading the full game for launch day.

Ok I just simmed a season in franchise, first thoughts on franchise mode:

- Nothing major has changed.  

- The menus are all of the same but they did change the color scheme of them.  I think the new color looks better.  

- The game seems to sim week to week faster.  

- The one new menu I saw was one where you can see all of the X Factors in your league.  

- The scouting is the same, but the draft class it generated seemed to be better than most I saw last year.  I'd say 75%+ of the first round guys were actually first round talents after scouting.  There were some solid prospects available after the first as well.  

- I drafted two players that skipped the combine, neither were Hidden dev trait.  They were virtually guaranteed to be Hidden dev.  Not sure if that was bad luck or something they modified.  

- Free agency is exactly the same. 

- They added all new avatars/models whatever you want to call them for the players.  This is a welcome addition because the players have looked the same for like the past 5 years.  

- I didn't have any problems with the game moving slow or crashing.  

- A defensive player won the Heisman.  This is an issue they've had for years and still haven't changed.  

• Like 2

22 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

- The menus are all of the same but they did change the color scheme of them.  I think the new color looks better.  

- The one new menu I saw was one where you can see all of the X Factors in your league.  

- The scouting is the same, but the draft class it generated seemed to be better than most I saw last year.  I'd say 75%+ of the first round guys were actually first round talents after scouting.  There were some solid prospects available after the first as well.  

- I drafted two players that skipped the combine, neither were Hidden dev trait.  They were virtually guaranteed to be Hidden dev.  Not sure if that was bad luck or something they modified.  

- They added all new avatars/models whatever you want to call them for the players.  This is a welcome addition because the players have looked the same for like the past 5 years.  

- A defensive player won the Heisman.  This is an issue they've had for years and still haven't changed.  

Yucky

Used up my 10 hours. Got to mut level 20. So far my team is:

QB Wentz (79) Tannehill (79). Eventually the pre-order Lamar.
RB Saquon (82) A Jones (83) Ekeler (79)  I want Team builder Cam Akers (84)
TE OJ Howard (79) J Graham (76)  Will be getting Team Builder Jonnu Smith (84) asap
WR1 Andre Johnson (81) C Sutton (80) Eventually I'll get Team Builder Jeudy (84)
WR2 D Jax (79) M Brown (79)
WR3 C Ridley (79)
LT T Williams (84) D Dawkins (78)
LG W Hernandez (79) L Tomlinson (77) I'll get Q nelson (87) after I auction my Aaron Jones and quicksell another elite.
C D Andrews (81) M Paradis (79) Eventually I'll get Team Diamond T Frederick (89)
RG B Brooks (87) G Jackson (77)
RT Whitworth (79 because out of position at RT) Conklin (77) I'll try to get Team Diamond M Feiler (84) or team diamond Loadhoalt (89 iirc)

LE J Youngblood (85) D Law (82) 
RE M Garrett (85) J Allen (78)
DT1 F Cox (87) D Payne (79)
DT2 V Vea (82) M Ioannidis (80)
LOLB Roquan (80) (has to be the best bang for buck off ball LB, got him for 8500)
MLB Going to be Jaylon Smith Rivalz (85), but right now it's that 5'10 guy from the Saints.
ROLB K Murray (74) Eventually I'll get Team Builder Jarrad Davis (84) and put him here
CB1 Aeanas (88) J Jenkins (77)
CB2 D Slay (81) I will try to get Team Diamond Troy Vincent (89) and Team Builder AJ Terrell (84)
CB3 J Jones (80)
FS M Hooker (79) I will try to get Team Builder Delpit (84) or J Chinn (82 at FS iirc)
SS Derwin (83) (Eventually that Isaiah Simmons lock in reward)
K Crap (79) (I'll try to get Butker or Lambo)
P Crap (80) (I'll try to get Tress Way)

1st team diamond I'm going for is Travis Frederick
1st team builder I'm going for is Jonnu Smith

Edited by Jeezla

I didn't really play 20 and never bought it, but one thing I noticed in 21 is that my receivers have slipped on the wet grass several times.  I'm playing in Seattle and had the weather set to light rain.  There were times where I would drop back with Wilson and D.K. Metcalf might slip mid-route.  It throws me off because his icon goes away and I have to adjust and find someone else to throw it to.  I don't recall this happening that much in previous Madden games.

On 8/20/2020 at 5:09 PM, MKnight82 said:

Oh my god. This is it. This is the first time I’ll acrually not buy a madden since 2005

15 hours ago, showtime said:

The running games feels a lot more smooth as well.  I would actually buy this game, but this year is just not a good time.  There's too many other games coming out this year + new consoles.  If I did get Madden, it would be when the PS5 launches.

But you can play ps4 madden on ps5 i thought?