Madden 21

11 hours ago, 43M said:

I bought Madden 25 for $8 used at Gamestop, and still regret it to this day.

I bought Madden 17 for $5.

I bought 18 for $12, and its the only money EA has actually touched of mine since 2011.

Some of us have been on that train for 10 years.   😠

I try to buy it used off Craigslist each year, but I'm not even sure I'm going to buy it used this year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I try to buy it used off Craigslist each year, but I'm not even sure I'm going to buy it used this year. 

I got EA Access (now EA Play) for the year subscription because my friend wanted to play Fifa with me. I've never played Fifa, and we've never played together. What a waste of money. But that means I will have Madden under that in like 4 or 5 months, so that's alright

What I don't understand is why nobody makes a game without NFL teams and players that allows for the ability of downloading community files. 

And then have a developer just happen to give a friend of a friend a pre-loaded community file with all 32 teams, players, team names, etc. 

There's no real way to stop that, is there? 

9 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

What I don't understand is why nobody makes a game without NFL teams and players that allows for the ability of downloading community files. 

And then have a developer just happen to give a friend of a friend a pre-loaded community file with all 32 teams, players, team names, etc. 

You have too many similarities, i'm sure that copy write is iron clad and a storm of lawyers waiting to pick the bones clean of the company that tried.

Honestly, the only way you could do it would be to make it free open source software and take no credit for it.

Edited by THE DUKE

8 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I think I first bought Madden 18 or 19 after a long hiatus (whichever was the one that introduced that single player campaign). It was a dumpster fire and I haven't been back since.

I got it last year after having 3-4 years off, and I'm not getting it this year.  Pretty disappointing game last year to be honest.  It seems that most of the changes are things that I don't play or focus on. 

On 9/4/2020 at 11:48 AM, Outpost31 said:

This is essentially what Back Breaker did. It had all of the "NFL" teams and players, just without the names or images or anything like that.

It flopped hard.

Playing the CPU is so freakin boring in this game. The CPU will literally only run HB dive, HB counter, slants, curls and Flood. That's it. They will ALWAYS throw underneath or scramble into a sack. Doesn't matter if it's Drew Brees or Mahomes or Brady, they all dink and dunk for 3 yards per pass and punt. It's incredible how bad the AI is. And even with all of those problems, I'd still rather face the AI than a real person whose just gonna abuse the AI all game long.

50 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

This is essentially what Back Breaker did. It had all of the "NFL" teams and players, just without the names or images or anything like that.

It flopped hard.

Playing the CPU is so freakin boring in this game. The CPU will literally only run HB dive, HB counter, slants, curls and Flood. That's it. They will ALWAYS throw underneath or scramble into a sack. Doesn't matter if it's Drew Brees or Mahomes or Brady, they all dink and dunk for 3 yards per pass and punt. It's incredible how bad the AI is. And even with all of those problems, I'd still rather face the AI than a real person whose just gonna abuse the AI all game long.

Backbreaker never felt or looked finished.  It had some nice things about it, but much like All Pro 2K8, it was a half hearted attempt. And dont get me wrong....I get it.    The NFL license on its own will pull most people towards Madden...and EA knows that.

However, NOW, more than ever, I think fans would be willing to go another direction for a great football game, even if it wasnt NFL licensed.   It will never happen, because no one would want to take the financial risk of making a great football game without the NFL license,,,,but I think alot of people would be interested and it COULD be successful if it looked like a better overall offering than Madden.

But yeah, it will never happen.    Its sad.

Screw Madden and the NFL.   

• Like 3