Madden 21

19 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Just seen a YT of someone running NOTHING but Slants. Every drive - Slants. Not even a variation, it's the same playcall.

He scores on every single drive. Either a TD or settles for FG  but the AI cannot stop slants, it cannot adapt, it does not learn.

Madden has been telling us for years that the engine adapts to your plays and makes adjustments. BS!

The sim league guys will have to create rules that a player can only run slants once a series or something like that.  Sim leaguers are the ones who can help push change.  Those are the guys who, along with MUT suckers, buy this game every year regardless of what's added or removed and carry the water for Madden/EA.   If those guys stopped spending $60 every year, we might get somewhere.  

As much as I want to rip into the entire Kaepernick thing....that what EA wants.

They needed to virtue signal and create controversy in other ways to distract that most people were united in hating Madden.  

This kind of shifted the attention, which is EXACTLY what they wanted.

If you support Kaep, its "Oh, thats an awesome move by EA".

If you DONT support Kaep, its "This is just virtue signaling garbage from EA".

If you are a halfway knowledgeable football fan, its "Why the hell is he rated so high?"

Regardless...EA got people to shift their attention from how much the game blows.  

• Like 1

Maybe the thought process is also that if he is more realistically rated, then no one would use him, so it would be kind of pointless?  The majority of people will just edit him one way or another to fit within their own franchise universe anyway.  They kind of alluded to that with the whole edit him to be a member of the 99 club spiel.  

I've only ever bought Madden second hand and will continue to do so. Kaepernick being rated higher than Goff, Allen, Baker, etc after being out of the league for years and being benched for Blaine Gabbert is horrible. Probably worse than Gronk being a 95 (although close).

• Like 1

Kaepernick in M17:

74 Rating

#2 on Depth Chart

Did EA forget Kaepernick was terrible in his final year? He lost 45lbs going into training camp. He claims it’s because of his Vegan diet but actually, the HGH testing got much more strict and Kaep was on HGH (public info as far as I remember). 

After being off three seasons, his rating should be 71 (and that’s being very generous). 81 is a complete utter joke. 

Can’t wait for a real football game to dethrone this clown show one day. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

When the roster update comes out for the week 1 roster. I’ll do what I did last year with Andrew Luck and Antonio Brown when ever I did a sim franchise. Sign him in free agency, edit his abilities so that any ability 71+ is a 70 and watch his overall drop to approx mid 40s. 

You can just sign them and move them to punter and then release them to save the time of dropping individual attributes 

21 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Kaepernick in M17:

74 Rating

#2 on Depth Chart

Did EA forget Kaepernick was terrible in his final year? He lost 45lbs going into training camp. He claims it’s because of his Vegan diet but actually, the HGH testing got much more strict and Kaep was on HGH (public info as far as I remember). 

After being off three seasons, his rating should be 71 (and that’s being very generous). 81 is a complete utter joke. 

Can’t wait for a real football game to dethrone this clown show one day. 

Even 71 is high. He was a 74 before they adjusted ratings to have more parity so he would've already been a 68-70. With four years off he'd be a low 60's at best if they were being realistic. I get the optics are better if he's playable so a low 70 would've at least been acceptable.