Madden 21

42 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I also agree every sports game can release a game every other year. Just charge 14.99 for a Roster Update and Franchise Schedule Update, which people would gladly pay for. 

Except for Madden. They can release a game every six years and it’d be the same exact game. 

Why would they do that? How are they supposed to reset everyone's stuff who plays MUT?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

Why would they do that? How are they supposed to reset everyone's stuff who plays MUT?

They can easily do that without creating a new game. You can wipe everything server-side. Computer games and other games wipe Ladder and Stats every year. Among fresh reset on items. 

Plus I don’t really care much about MUT anyways. I’m not knocking anyone who plays it, but it’s what has made EA discriminate against other modes, and also has made the game straight up an Arcade Football Game. 

Most people want to play a Sim Style Game like NBA2K or MLB The Show, but EA games, especially Madden, are straight up Arcade Style Gameplay with Arcade Orientated Game Modes. 

Edited by BayRaider

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

They can easily do that without creating a new game. You can wipe everything server-side. Computer games and other games wipe Ladder and Stats every year. Among fresh reset on items. 

Plus I don’t really care much about MUT anyways. I’m not knocking anyone who plays it, but it’s what has made EA discriminate against other modes, and also has made the game straight up an Arcade Football Game. 

Most people want to play a Sim Style Game like NBA2K or MLB The Show, but EA games, especially Madden, are straight up Arcade Style Gameplay with Arcade Orientated Game Modes. 

Presenting it as new a game seems more forgivable to the casuals than "taking away something they already bought"

1 minute ago, Danger said:

Presenting it as new a game seems more forgivable to the casuals than "taking away something they already bought"

Many games have items where the item last 365 days. Obviously taking something away without that disclaimer would be a no-no. 

Basically the title would be “Adrian Peterson (1 year)”. 

22 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Sorry to say this is incorrect.  They have turned this game into arcade style and ignored franchise because that's what a majority of their fanbase wants.  MUT is their biggest feature by far, and it makes them money hand over fist.  Look at how much money Call of Duty is making in micros every day, and half of Activision's revenue in 2019 came from microtransactions.  

It's sadly the way that gaming has become, and there just aren't enough people who will cancel Madden to justify making any changes to the formula.  The sim guys will play regardless, too, so that's out as well.  

10 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Sorry to say this is incorrect.  They have turned this game into arcade style and ignored franchise because that's what a majority of their fanbase wants.  MUT is their biggest feature by far, and it makes them money hand over fist.  Look at how much money Call of Duty is making in micros every day, and half of Activision's revenue in 2019 came from microtransactions.  

It's sadly the way that gaming has become, and there just aren't enough people who will cancel Madden to justify making any changes to the formula.  The sim guys will play regardless, too, so that's out as well. 

You do not have to be Arcade Gameplay for MUT. If so, just make two Maddens. One Madden being Sim, one being MUT.

NBA 2K and MLB The Show are both Sim Style gameplay and still have microtransactions. There's no excuse to have arcade style gameplay in a sports game, unless you specifically market it as an arcade game. Which they don't.

25 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Sorry to say this is incorrect.  They have turned this game into arcade style and ignored franchise because that's what a majority of their fanbase wants.  MUT is their biggest feature by far, and it makes them money hand over fist. 

I don’t think EA knows or cares what the majority of their fanbase wants. And MUT isn’t their biggest feature it’s just their best money generator. 

42 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

I don’t think EA knows or cares what the majority of their fanbase wants. And MUT isn’t their biggest feature it’s just their best money generator. 

They know.  They don't care, they go with what makes them money.  When MUT came along, that is where the majority of their focus when.  And if it's the best money generator, it becomes their biggest feature, especially if that's where they spent the majority of their time.  I used to own a video game forum, and we had two people in the GameChanger program for Madden when MUT was launched.  They immediately cut back on the feedback and events for franchise, and dove head first into MUT. 

On 9/13/2020 at 7:55 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

Sorry to say this is incorrect.  They have turned this game into arcade style and ignored franchise because that's what a majority of their fanbase wants. 

First off, its not necessarily what the majority WANTS....just what they are willing to settle for.   Most of the money they get are from kids and tournament style gamers who get the game and foolishly throw more money into EAs pay to win mechanics for nothing more than bragging rights.

Secondly, if EA wants to keep making arcade style games that ignore franchise, thats fine....but why then get an exclusive deal that prevents anyone from making a REAL sim football game?      THAT is why I loathe EA and the NFL.

On 9/13/2020 at 9:07 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

They know.  They don't care, they go with what makes them money.  When MUT came along, that is where the majority of their focus when.  And if it's the best money generator, it becomes their biggest feature, especially if that's where they spent the majority of their time.  I used to own a video game forum, and we had two people in the GameChanger program for Madden when MUT was launched.  They immediately cut back on the feedback and events for franchise, and dove head first into MUT. 

Serious question...

If EA puts the majority of their focus into MUT, what great new features are added to MUT annually?

Dont get me wrong...I get what you mean.   But they dont really FOCUS on anything except exploiting their fanbase and exclusive license.    They reportedly make $800m every year from MUT....and we know that money isnt invested back into MUT features, and it sure as hell isnt invested into making gameplay or franchise.   

Again, this is why I think I actually hate the NFL more than EA, because they allow EA to get away with it because they get a cut of that money.   

35 minutes ago, 43M said:

Serious question...

If EA puts the majority of their focus into MUT, what great new features are added to MUT annually?

Dont get me wrong...I get what you mean.   But they dont really FOCUS on anything except exploiting their fanbase and exclusive license.    They reportedly make $800m every year from MUT....and we know that money isnt invested back into MUT features, and it sure as hell isnt invested into making gameplay or franchise.   

Again, this is why I think I actually hate the NFL more than EA, because they allow EA to get away with it because they get a cut of that money.   

Nothing apart from player updates. They rely on the psychology of gambling - which is essentially what it is. It's addictive, and you can tell they want to tap into that by the way they present the packs etc. And the psychological thrill of getting a good return will never need an update.

If they had a modicum of decency, they'd make the game outside of MUT free - as it's just a roster upgrade. Franchise doesn't make them any money really, comparatively. But they can't even do that....

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 1