Madden 21

So yeah...EA doin' what EA do.

Same ******* trash, every single time.

"Gameplay" trailer thats largely prerendered and the little actual stuff they did show didnt look any better that what we already have.   Still no physics engine....same old ****.

And the biggest new feature they touted?  Next gen stats that ultimately mean nothing in a game that doesnt provide the simulation elements to make them meaningful.

Not shocked....but it saddens me how many people are still dumb enough to buy this trash with next to no changes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 43M said:

"Gameplay" trailer thats largely prerendered and the little actual stuff they did show didnt look any better that what we already have.   Still no physics engine....same old ****.

And the biggest new feature they touted?  Next gen stats that ultimately mean nothing in a game that doesnt provide the simulation elements to make them meaningful.

Not shocked....but it saddens me how many people are still dumb enough to buy this trash with next to no changes.

its Madden 21 on the PS5 and it looks like they can't get refs on the field 🙃

• Like 1

On 11/18/2020 at 5:18 PM, 43M said:

This is hilarious "Next Gen Stats" when they can't even get yards and TDs right.

• Like 1

Madden 21 officially going to be sold at 70 bucks for next gen lmao crazy. They released a game and have updated it every couple days because it’s so bad.. and then charge even more for the same exact game now. I think it’s insane that it’s a simulation game and the new play off system was JUST put it. And these updates are bad too lol They made a bunch of “franchise updates” but really just made abilities able to be edited and put team names and years on player cards. Buying this game has been the worse thing I’ve spent on in years. 

3 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

Madden 21 officially going to be sold at 70 bucks for next gen lmao crazy. They released a game and have updated it every couple days because it’s so bad.. and then charge even more for the same exact game now. I think it’s insane that it’s a simulation game and the new play off system was JUST put it. And these updates are bad too lol They made a bunch of “franchise updates” but really just made abilities able to be edited and put team names and years on player cards. Buying this game has been the worse thing I’ve spent on in years. 

$70 is the standard price for next gen. You can buy Madden 21 right now for $27 on the PS4 or Xbox One and get the PS5/Xbox Series X upgrade for free.

Not sure what the big deal is.

4 minutes ago, showtime said:

$70 is the standard price for next gen. You can buy Madden 21 right now for $27 on the PS4 or Xbox One and get the PS5/Xbox Series X upgrade for free.

Not sure what the big deal is.

Wasn’t supposed to be. I know it’s the new standard but madden wasn’t supposed to be 70 until next year. The problem however is that they’re robbing people by claiming they’re doing these new things and are selling a great game, when In reality they’re selling the most garbage football game that they’ve sold in the last 20 years for 70 bucks. Not to rant lol but the main answer is in the first sentence. 

39 minutes ago, MDY10 said:

It's taken forever to move off the $60 tag.  Considering inflation all around us, we got off easy keeping $60 for the past two console generations (and then some.)  Can't really blame EA for this one. 

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

It's taken forever to move off the $60 tag.  Considering inflation all around us, we got off easy keeping $60 for the past two console generations (and then some.)  Can't really blame EA for this one. 

Im not necessarily upset about games being 70 now. I know we were lucky to have them at 60 for so long, I just dont think EA even deserves to set that game to 70. Not only has it been the worst madden in ages, but its been full of updates (which with my bad internet anything small can take a long time), full of server issues, and they have literally given the game out for free to thousands of people. They even had it free for quite a while.. but now going to charge 70 dollars for a broken game. Thats kind of where my beef is. After having 18 straight maddens, I think Madden 22 will be the last chance before I just stop buying them (im a franchise player).

Just now, MDY10 said:

Im not necessarily upset about games being 70 now. I know we were lucky to have them at 60 for so long, I just dont think EA even deserves to set that game to 70. Not only has it been the worst madden in ages, but its been full of updates (which with my bad internet anything small can take a long time), full of server issues, and they have literally given the game out for free to thousands of people. They even had it free for quite a while.. but now going to charge 70 dollars for a broken game. Thats kind of where my beef is. After having 18 straight maddens, I think Madden 22 will be the last chance before I just stop buying them (im a franchise player).

A couple things here.........

In the past, we didn't used to have game updates.  So you could have spent $60 on a game that didn't work, or was terrible, like that Superman game on the N64.  Be glad that they can update, even if you have slow internet.  

EA may not even have a say on the price of the game right now.  I am not sure on how they price it to discount and when, but I am sure that the NFL has some say in it as well.  

I completely get that you and others are frustrated.  It is easy to dump on EA.  They got really greedy when MUT hit it big.  I personally know guys who were in the GameChanger program then, and they were franchise guys and the focus made an immediate pivot to MUT.  But I am not sure they are 100% to blame for the pricing here on the game, and while I haven't followed it, at least they are trying to make updates.  EA has done a lot of damage by rushing titles out, but at least they've committed resources to allow the developers time to fix them (Battlefront II and Anthem.)  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

A couple things here.........

In the past, we didn't used to have game updates.  So you could have spent $60 on a game that didn't work, or was terrible, like that Superman game on the N64.  Be glad that they can update, even if you have slow internet.  

EA may not even have a say on the price of the game right now.  I am not sure on how they price it to discount and when, but I am sure that the NFL has some say in it as well.  

I completely get that you and others are frustrated.  It is easy to dump on EA.  They got really greedy when MUT hit it big.  I personally know guys who were in the GameChanger program then, and they were franchise guys and the focus made an immediate pivot to MUT.  But I am not sure they are 100% to blame for the pricing here on the game, and while I haven't followed it, at least they are trying to make updates.  EA has done a lot of damage by rushing titles out, but at least they've committed resources to allow the developers time to fix them (Battlefront II and Anthem.)  

Not really sure what you mean.

EA absolutely sets the prices for their games.   Thats just a fact.    Now, I can kind of get where youre coming from for Madden since the NFL has a heavy hand in Madden given the exclusive license, and the NFL is more greedy than EA, so Ill gladly throw shade at the NFL as well....but I have no doubt EA is fully on board with increasing game prices.   Just look how exploitative their special editions are.

• Like 1

Mass Fan Reaction: This game sucks!

Normal Company Response: We're gonna do everything we can through patches, or make the next one great (and deliver!).

Mass Fan Reaction: This game sucks!

EA Response: Shut the **** up, *proceeds to beat the **** out of you and take $75*.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, showtime said:

I never bought Madden 20. I haven't bought Madden 21 either, until today. $27 for the PS5 version of Madden on December 4th. I'll pick it up.

Hell, it's a new console. If the game sucks, then I can play it for a while and it's not a big deal because it was only $27.

Let us know how you like it, can't be worse than M19-21 on PS4.