Chiefs DT Chris Jones Gets Contract Extension

Soggust

Just now, chiefs82 said:

20 of 22 starters return. Build Veach a statue 

And wasn't it a few weeks ago the Chiefs had $150 in total cap (not a typo, it's one hundred fifty dollars)?

This is pretty nuts, what they're getting done.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Forge said:

His contract should kick in right away, Mahomes' doesn't kick in for what, 2 more years? I'd kind of be shocked if Jones is there when that actually kicks in, but in the meantime, this is fine. 

Even though Mahomes new contract kicks in in 2 years it’s rather team friendly until 2027 so there’s no reason to fear that contract making this deal untenable 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Didn't think we'd pull it off. Damn.

Same. Months ago i would have bet on a trade or simply that he plays out the Franchise Tag. I didn't expected us to be able to give Mahomes his longtime contract extension and Chris Jones a longtime contract. Due to Mahomes rather cheap next 3 years, i was a little bit mor optimistic in signing Chris Jones, through i'm still surprised we were able to do it and not only for 3 years, but actually 4 years.

For now a great job from Veach to get it done. We'll see how the contracts and our Salary Cap will age in the next couple of years. As long as it doesn't get reduced a lot, i think we're able to  get away with these contracts.

54 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Even though Mahomes new contract kicks in in 2 years it’s rather team friendly until 2027 so there’s no reason to fear that contract making this deal untenable 

What I read was this years salary is the same as the tag plus no signing bonus but they upped the gtd money