CFB Misc News Thread

naptownskinsfan

The 12-team format should be divided along the Mason-Dixon line (as defined by the US Census Bureau). The six highest-ranked teams from the following states - Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia - would be assigned to the Bowden bracket, named for former West Virginia and Florida State coach Bobby Bowden.

The six highest ranked teams from the rest of the country would be in the Osborne bracket, named for former Nebraska coach Tom Osborne.

In years where they are regional semifinals, the Sugar Bowl and the Orange Bowl would be assigned to the Bowden bracket, in an attempt to have the Sugar Bowl be Big 12 VS. SEC, and the Orange Bowl having an ACC team. The Rose Bowl would be assigned to the Osborne bracket to attempt pairing a Big Ten and Pac-12 team.

The winners of the regional finals would meet in the CFP title game, which would thus match the best team from the South against the best team from outside the South, in an attempt to make it more difficult for a Southern team to win the CFP.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pf9 said:

The 12-team format should be divided along the Mason-Dixon line (as defined by the US Census Bureau). The six highest-ranked teams from the following states - Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia - would be assigned to the Bowden bracket, named for former West Virginia and Florida State coach Bobby Bowden.

The six highest ranked teams from the rest of the country would be in the Osborne bracket, named for former Nebraska coach Tom Osborne.

In years where they are regional semifinals, the Sugar Bowl and the Orange Bowl would be assigned to the Bowden bracket, in an attempt to have the Sugar Bowl be Big 12 VS. SEC, and the Orange Bowl having an ACC team. The Rose Bowl would be assigned to the Osborne bracket to attempt pairing a Big Ten and Pac-12 team.

The winners of the regional finals would meet in the CFP title game, which would thus match the best team from the South against the best team from outside the South, in an attempt to make it more difficult for a Southern team to win the CFP.

Jack Nicholson Yes GIF

• Like 5

The rollback to 7 conference games by the P5, the American, and the MW would put more room on the schedules of BYU, Utah, and Utah State to schedule each other OOC every year.

Florida and Miami (FL) can also take advantage of their reduced conference schedules by once again scheduling each other annually, bringing the Florida Cup into annual status.

Edited by pf9

1 minute ago, Texansfan713 said:
14 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Corso has got to go. 

yeah age has definitely caught up to him. 

I think a lot of it is still the stroke from several years ago. He's just to the point where slurring his words has become super hard to watch. The dude HAS BEEN college football for such a long time, but at this point those close to him need to protect him from himself for his own health and well being, and it pains me to say it. I love Corso.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I think a lot of it is still the stroke from several years ago. He's just to the point where slurring his words has become super hard to watch. The dude HAS BEEN college football for such a long time, but at this point those close to him need to protect him from himself for his own health and well being, and it pains me to say it. I love Corso.

With you 100%. He did so much for the show. Sometimes you gotta let go. Go out with some dignity. 

• Like 2