CFB Misc News Thread

naptownskinsfan

On 9/2/2022 at 4:50 PM, THE DUKE said:

Hot take, a 12 team playoff should come with the elimination of divisions within a conference as well as the elimination of conference championship games.  A 5-12 seed to play in a National Championship game would require 4 additional games past the regular season.  I'd also cap regular season games at 11 to be playoff eligible.

FCS does it. And does it with more than just 12 teams.

Why can't FBS?

Note: my JMU Dukes are the only FCS/1-AA team to win a Natty while playing every game on the road (back then the championship was played at the higher seed's stadium. This was before a neutral site was selected when it went to FCS). 

They went 13-2 (1 of those was to WVU), including the 4 playoff wins. 

This is a regular occurrence for lower seeded teams who make it into the playoffs and manage a Cinderella-type of run. 

11 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

FCS does it. And does it with more than just 12 teams.

Why can't FBS?

Note: my JMU Dukes are the only FCS/1-AA team to win a Natty while playing every game on the road (back then the championship was played at the higher seed's stadium. This was before a neutral site was selected when it went to FCS). 

They went 13-2 (1 of those was to WVU), including the 4 playoff wins. 

This is a regular occurrence for lower seeded teams who make it into the playoffs and manage a Cinderella-type of run. 

13-2 is 15 games, which is the cap I proposed.

5 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

13-2 is 15 games, which is the cap I proposed.

You didnt clarify. Seemed to be two different things

1) 11 game cap to be eligible

2) complaining about how a 5-12 seed would be "playing 4 extra games"

My point was that many FCS teams not in the top 4, play 12 game schedules and still will play another 4 if they run the table to the natty. SDSU's semifinal game last year was its 15th.

So 12 game regular season and 4 games in playoffs can be done by FBS. 

If you were using #2 to explain why #1, then I now see the point (just wasnt clear).

But agreed on the fairness though. You cant have 11 game vs 12 game schedules compared if you're only limiting it to 12 teams for playoffs. FCS is a bit more forgiving on that matter, given the number of teams in their playoff.

1 hour ago, beekay414 said:

Just give the ball to Bijan and get Worthy in space. Can't run the same offense you expected with Ewers since Card isn't as talented. 

Card looked the part but he definitely made a genius decision to take a hit from 4 different people running up the middle on 3rd and 15. Maybe the mental part isn't his strong point. I think Texas wins that game with Ewers though