CFB Misc News Thread

naptownskinsfan

If the Big 12 suffers a drop in media rights fees (which they shouldn't), the states that have public schools in both the Big 12 and at least one other Power 5 league could pass laws requiring the public schools in the latter leagues to share some of their media rights windfall with the publicly-supported Big 12 members in their states. The following schools would be confirmed to be affected:

Florida and Florida State - would have to share with UCF
Iowa - would have to share with Iowa State
Ohio State - would have to share with Cincinnati
Oklahoma - would have to share with Oklahoma State
Texas and Texas A&M - would have to share with Houston and Texas Tech

If Boise State, Memphis, SMU, South Florida, Temple and Tulane all join in 2025, the following additions would be made to this list:

Florida and Florida State - additionally have to share with South Florida
Penn State and Pittsburgh - would have to share with Temple
Tennessee - would have to share with Memphis

• 3 weeks later...

As we go further into the 21st century, I think sports teams in all sports at both the pro and college level should model their uniforms on Oregon football. I think variety is very important in sports uniforms nowadays. Seeing the same uniforms over and over was fashionable in the 20th century, but that century is long over.

Three, potentially four A&M freshman have been suspended indefinitely for smoking pot before the South Carolina game. Jimbo doing big things down there!

EDIT: Potentially all top 100 recruits and if I'm not mistaken, Mr Harris was the guy speeding through the parking garage earlier. Genius.

Edited by BobbyPhil1781

Ryan Day fined for skipping ESPN Awards Show to recruit C.J. Stroud

Dang I had forgot about this. He wasn’t present during the ceremony when Ed O, Lincoln, and Dabo were posing in front of the playoff trophy.

He just casually mentioned this at an interview today.

https://awfulannouncing.com/espn/ryan-day-fined-skip-espn-recruiting-cj-stroud.html

• 3 weeks later...