NFL suspends headcase WR Antonio Brown 8 games

RaidersAreOne

27 minutes ago, Nabbs4u said:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-football-nfl-brown-sentence/antonio-brown-sentenced-to-probation-in-assault-case-idUSKBN23J2XU

6 weeks ago, no? Seems like overkill to me? We've seen Roger drop the hammer on players within the week of bringing a case to a close.

6 weeks in the middle of a pandemic where the league is trying to put together a plan to just function really doesn't seem like that long. They've taken longer than 6 weeks to do this in other cases too. It took from a March 1st resolution of legal issues all the way to July 20th for Dante Fowler to receive his suspension from the league two years ago.

His sentence included enrollment and successful completion of a 13 week anger management course and 100 hours of community service
If he doesn't follow through, his probation and agreement are revoked. Its a reasonable guess that the NFL wanted to wait until a significant portion of those requirements were completed before they could rule on his return to the League.

Either way, he's not an aggrieved party.
And if at any point he finds the NFL is heavy handed or too slow in handling his numerous infractions, he can simply stop being a narcissistic d-bag.
Thousands of NFL players have managed to pull that off without any trouble at all

51 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Dudes gonna come back and win a Super Bowl for someone. 

He is 32 and hasnt played a meaningful down in almost 2 years.

Not sure why people are talking about him like he is the same old AB....outside of his behavior, of course.

Edited by 43M

13 minutes ago, 43M said:

He is 32 and hasnt played a meaningful down in almost 2 years.

Not sure why people are talking about him like he is the same old AB....outside of his behavior, of course.

last time on the field less than a full calendar year ago he looked great. I dont think its unreasonable to think he could play a key part in a SB run for a team that is already a contender even if he isnt the AB of old. 

17 hours ago, August4th said:

he'll end up a seahawk or Raven

IMO There is no way he ends up a Raven. They would be dumb to sign him. Brown would go absolutely nuts in that offense. He would be screaming by the 3rd week, get me the damn ball also you want me to block!!!!

11 hours ago, Deadpulse said:

last time on the field less than a full calendar year ago he looked great. I dont think its unreasonable to think he could play a key part in a SB run for a team that is already a contender even if he isnt the AB of old. 

Question is, does he really want to play football?.....One would think if this were the case, he would have stopped continually sabotaging his career.....