College Football and Covid19 (Cancellations, Postponements etc)

candyman93

On 9/6/2020 at 8:28 PM, JammerHammer21 said:

No no, Dave Biddle's amateur-level journalism is definitely right this time despite being completely wrong 2 days ago, and this is entirely Michigan's fault despite there being zero actual evidence of anything materially changing for every other university that supposedly wants to play now after originally voting no.

This is clearly all correct if the basis for this report is a Facebook post from Urban Meyer mouthpiece Jeff Snook, though.

I'd like to see who this supposed list of people reporting it all over the place.

Bro, I have a suspicion that you know. All the clues point to UM, it is what it is....

Schilssel voted no the first time. I'm sure he's voting no now since nothing has materially changed. The only one holding things up? Doubtful in a conference where 11 teams voted no.

Glad Iowa's president voted yes while allowing 90 positive tests in a week, though. Seems like they have a real good grasp of how this works and deserve to play football. Not like this has been the issue the entire time where it's not about what one school does, it's what every school does.

Edited by JammerHammer21

4 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Bro, I have a suspicion that you know. All the clues point to UM, it is what it is....

I’d hate to agree with the UM guy here. But it’s pretty obvious that “Sir Yacht” is being used as a mouthpiece for OSU to push an agenda further along. It’s a similar playbook that they did with the Meyer/Smith saga with Snook/jbook and such.  And that’s not to say that the info is all illegitimate.
But it’s pretty obvious that OSU is pushing hard to move forward with a season start ASAP, and presenting reports as such to demonize B1G voters who are in opposition to a fall season. I mean, I don’t blame them. They simply don’t want to lose Fields, Wade, Davis, etc., and are doing everything they can to keep them on the hook instead of opting out and signing with agents like other top prospects as long as possible. Dangling a start date in 4 weeks is how they do that.

17 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

LSU saying it’s safe for 25K to attend a game and certain teams in the Big Ten don’t even care to play this fall. What a year. 

It’s like I said before. The big 10 teams have other reliable forms of income. Ohio State is building a 1.8 billion medical wing.

Where’s the extra money for LSU outside of football?