College Football and Covid19 (Cancellations, Postponements etc)

candyman93

8 hours ago, BobbyPhil1781 said:

I didn't go to OU which made it awesome to go to Halloween there. Went 7 years straight at one point. Most people who I knew that went there weren't the biggest fans. Athens is such an amazing town.

I love Athens, it just pales in comparison to Madison as a party school IMO

MAC has released their schedule.

Of course I would have had Eastern Michigan play Buffalo which means NIU would have played Kent State as their crossover. The other crossovers would remain the same on my schedule.

Furthermore, Buffalo-Eastern Michigan and Bowling Green-Toledo would be scheduled for December 12, as would Akron-Kent State, Miami U-Ohio, Central Michigan-Western Michigan, and Ball State-Northern Illinois. This is the schedule I want the MAC to have every Thanksgiving week starting next year up until realignment.

Buffalo and Eastern Michigan would be paired together because Buffalo is in a Western New York city that borders Canada, while EMU's home city is a suburb of Detroit, which also borders Canada. As well as the fact there needed to be a second crossover because BGSU and Toledo currently play in separate divisions.

• 2 weeks later...

There have been numerous games canceled or postponed since the season began in early September.

This week there have been five games called off alone.

The FBS conferences have the chance to do what the NBA and NHL were too chicken to do and call off the rest of the season. It would be the first season since 1871 where there was no national champion.

1 hour ago, pf9 said:

Besides, we're due for a season where Clemson doesn't make the College Football Playoff

Just a hypothetical...what would you do if tressell became the HC for Clemson if Dabo ever leaves? Would your head explode or something???

• 3 weeks later...

Not a lot of P12 fans around here apparently that this hasn’t been posted already...

and now...

already so far behind and off to a bad start. Might as well close ranks and switch from the division title game to an expanded P12 playoffs.  Maybe 4 or even 8 depending on how many weeks are left without postponements. 

There hasn't been a single week without postponements/cancellations because of the virus.

Just call the season off already. There's no shame in making 2020 the first season without a national champion since 1871. The other major college sport, basketball, got its first champion-free season last spring. It's OK to put everyone's health first and foremost.

I think the counter argument is that these players in a bubble are less likely to get it and spread it, especially considering the constant testing, then if they were just out in the general population. Some would argue that having a season not only provides these kids with tremendous opportunities but reduces the spread.

Now, stadium capacities are a different issue. Still have to be responsible. 

2 hours ago, pf9 said:

There hasn't been a single week without postponements/cancellations because of the virus.

Just call the season off already. There's no shame in making 2020 the first season without a national champion since 1871. The other major college sport, basketball, got its first champion-free season last spring. It's OK to put everyone's health first and foremost.

I swear I heard something today that stated there hasnt been a transmission of covid from one opposing player to another. That the issue is coming from getting it from a teammate who is being lax about it