Hall of Fame Coaches

Ninersfan1984

What coaches do you think are Hall of Famer right now? What Coaches do you think have a chance?

Lock

Belichick-no question

Reid-no question

Tomlin- I do not think he deserves to go in but if Cowher is in can not see how he is not

Maybe Probably Needs to Do More

Payton

Carroll 

Harbaugh

McCarthy

Young Coaches Who One Day Could

Shanahan

McVay

Out of that list, I could see Sean Payton getting into the HoF for his win percentage.  

John Harbaugh's a terrible human being, but a great football coach.  He's definitely one of the best of my time, but whether he gets in the HoF is a toss up.  

11 hours ago, Ninersfan1984 said:

Belichick-no question

Reid-no question

Belichick cheated to get half of his rings, so he should actually be banned from the HoF due to his sheer lack of integrity.  

Andy Reid is one of the most overrated of all time.  Couldn't even win a Super Bowl with decent QBs, but had to have arguably the most naturally gifted QB of all time to finally win one after 20 years of coaching.  He's a morbidly fat joke.  

Tomlin- I do not think he deserves to go in but if Cowher is in can not see how he is not

This is just horrid.  Tomlin couldn't ever compare to Cowher, and has no excuse either since he inherited Cowher's team.  

Bill Cowher's win percentage is one of the most impressive of his era for coaching the majority of his career with terrible QBs.  

Tomlin's lackluster 8-8 season records are consistently hailed by league experts because he's one of the few minority coaches in the league that hasn't had a losing season in recent years.  It's a terrible excuse for making a case for the Hall of Fame.  

Carroll 

McVay

Carroll should be selling happy meals at the drive thru after Super Bowl 49, so any type of argument you have for him getting into the Hall of Fame is a joke.  

McVay is an over-calculated clown who signs high profile players around the league, and suddenly thinks he's Belichick.  He has no chance of ever getting into the HoF.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Out of that list, I could see Sean Payton getting into the HoF for his win percentage.  

John Harbaugh's a terrible human being, but a great football coach.  He's definitely one of the best of my time, but whether he gets in the HoF is a toss up.  

Belichick cheated to get half of his rings, so he should actually be banned from the HoF due to his sheer lack of integrity.  

Andy Reid is one of the most overrated of all time.  Couldn't even win a Super Bowl with decent QBs, but had to have arguably the most naturally gifted QB of all time to finally win one after 20 years of coaching.  He's a morbidly fat joke.  

This is just horrid.  Tomlin couldn't ever compare to Cowher, and has no excuse either since he inherited Cowher's team.  

Bill Cowher's win percentage is one of the most impressive of his era for coaching the majority of his career with terrible QBs.  

Tomlin's lackluster 8-8 season records are consistently hailed by league experts because he's one of the few minority coaches in the league that hasn't had a losing season in recent years.  It's a terrible excuse for making a case for the Hall of Fame.  

Carroll should be selling happy meals at the drive thru after Super Bowl 49, so any type of argument you have for him getting into the Hall of Fame is a joke.  

McVay is an over-calculated clown who signs high profile players around the league, and suddenly thinks he's Belichick.  He has no chance of ever getting into the HoF.  

If Sean Payton gets in, Harbaugh gets in.

Sean Payton

Regular season: 131–77 (.630)
Postseason: 8–7 (.533)
Career: 139–84 (.623)

John Harbaugh

Regular season: 118–74 (.615)
Postseason: 10–7 (.588)
Career:

128–81 (.612)

Belichick is a lock regardless of what anyone thinks about him. For all his scandals, he was never suspended an entire year like Sean Payton was.

Reid is a lock, not sure why all the hate. He took two teams a Super Bowl and won the last one. It takes more than a phenom QB to win a Super Bowl. Ask Peyton Manning or Tom Brady. Over 200 wins is nothing to sneeze at.

Andy Reid

Regular season: 207–128–1 (.618)
Postseason: 15–14 (.517)
Career: 222–142–1 (.610)

Tomlin is a lock. Same metrics you use for Sean Payton gets him in. One could argue he is more impressive since he has coached in a tough division, unlike Belichick who has been in the AFC LEAST for his entire career. 

Mike Tomlin

Regular season: 133–73–1 (.645)
Postseason: 8–7 (.533)
Career: 141–80–1 (.637)

Pete Carrol gets in with his resume.

McVay? Not even sure why he is even in the conversation. All the above coaches have won over 100 games. McVay is still at 33 wins.  

Edited by Silver
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Tomlin has had 3 8-8 season (and no losing ones) in 13 yrs of coaching. As opposed to ya boy Sean Payton, who's had 1 8-8 record and 4 7-9 records over 13 yrs. And Tomlin has been to more SBs and has a better win %. Both have had HoF QBs for their entire tenure (and I'd say that Brees is a better QB than Roethlisberger). 

So Tomlin has a better resume than Payton. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, Mr Bad Example said:

It's funny to me how Payton is hailed as among the best coaches, but McCarthy is a doofus, even though their numbers are so similar as to be virtually indistinguishable. 

Its because Drew Brees is a wonderful team player who has nice things to say about everyone and Rodgers is a snake.

McCarthy is one of the few NFL head coaches to ever have his QB conduct a PR campaign against him.

Edited by SkippyX

I think Harbaugh is close. If he wins another SB with Lamar it’s a done deal. Carrol is also very close. I wouldn’t have Tomlin as a lock, but he’s closer than Harbaugh and Carrol at this point. One more notable playoffs moment or division crown should do it.

Sean Payton is in that same cluster but furthest away. If he can recalibrate after Brees and build another contender, he’s likely in. Otherwise he needs a few more divisional crowns. 

Reid’s incredible coaching tree and achievements ensures he’s a lock. Only thing he was missing was the SB ring and now that he has that it’s just icing on the cake at this point.

edit: Oh and BB is slam dunk in unless he has another crazy cheating scandal that ends up being the final straw.

Edited by diamondbull424
  • Like 1

Belichick and Reid. No one else right now. But seeing as Dungy and Cower are in, there will be a few others that slip in. Probably John Harbaugh, Sean Payton, and Mike Tomlin. Mike Holmgren, Tom Flores, and Mike Shanahan aren't in though, and I would say they deserve to be in. I don't know though. 

4 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

It's funny to me how Payton is hailed as among the best coaches, but McCarthy is a doofus, even though their numbers are so similar as to be virtually indistinguishable. 

If McCarthy has success in Dallas the narrative will rapidly change. Before this current run in KC Andy Reid was a “good but not great coach, who didn’t run the ball enough, couldn’t manage the clock, and would never win the big one.” Now he’s getting Bill Walsh level love as an offensive guru. 

I think there was a time where I would have called McCarthy a good coach. We'll see how well he adapts to his new situation.

Only 2 HC that are locks are Reid and Belicheck.  Every other HC right now falls in the same categorie as the Holmgrens and Shannahans of the coaching world. If those 2 get in, then we can talk Tomlin, Payton, Harbaugh  ect. None of the 3 deserve to be in before the Two above.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, N4L said:

Mcvay is hilarious. Probably has a career in the media after he flames out in a few years 

8 minutes ago, Danger said:

At this point in time, McVay has no business even being in the conversation.

Well I didn't say in what capacity these guys would make the hall of fame, just that they will eventually get in. 😉