Ravens Training Camp 2020

drd23

Sucks about Marshall, but on a macro level, this shouldn't be a huge detriment to our secondary given the depth we already have.

As far as training camp goes, I'm really curious to see how our linebackers look. Wonder if Queen and Harrison will have to earn those starting jobs or if it's theirs to lose. Also curious to see who wins that starting OLB spot next to Judon. Lots of fun story lines for this time of year.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Sucks about Marshall, but on a macro level, this shouldn't be a huge detriment to our secondary given the depth we already have.

As far as training camp goes, I'm really curious to see how our linebackers look. Wonder if Queen and Harrison will have to earn those starting jobs or if it's theirs to lose. Also curious to see who wins that starting OLB spot next to Judon. Lots of fun story lines for this time of year.

Yea, definitely sucks and don't want it to be a situation where we have more injuries occur, but this might be a situation where an injury helped sort out excess at a position where someone deserving would need to be cut.

I don't think that's it for Marshall, he'll have two years remaining on his rookie deal (so continued option value) and may be a good option to fill Jimmy's role for 2020 in 2021 (think Carr in 2019).

I think the starting OLB alongside Judon is situational. My money is on Ferguson for "base," with a lot of two Sam looks (i.e., Bowser) on third down.

31 minutes ago, sp6488 said:

Yea, definitely sucks and don't want it to be a situation where we have more injuries occur, but this might be a situation where an injury helped sort out excess at a position where someone deserving would need to be cut.

I don't think that's it for Marshall, he'll have two years remaining on his rookie deal (so continued option value) and may be a good option to fill Jimmy's role for 2020 in 2021 (think Carr in 2019).

I think the starting OLB alongside Judon is situational. My money is on Ferguson for "base," with a lot of two Sam looks (i.e., Bowser) on third down.

I agree 100% with this. Basically, we might only have 7-8 players who should be considered "starters" on defense, B.Will, CC, Judon, Clark, Thomas, Humphrey, Peters and an inside linebacker. The rest of those spots are rotational pieces - maybe even Brandon Williams fits into that last category.

17 minutes ago, Boodgyman5220 said:

Looks like we’re bringing Dez in for a workout. Interesting. Either they don’t like what they see out of Boykin in year two, or they feel like this training camp is really slowing down the development of those rookie wideouts.

https://www.nfl.com/news/dez-bryant-to-work-out-for-baltimore-ravens-this-week

Dez has looked pretty good in the random YouTube videos I've seen him in recently. Does that translate to actual football? Who knows, but competition never hurts.

Yeah, one good thing about Dez is he was always competitive and the type of WR that would be a physical blocker. That alone would fit our offense. So the major thing for me is how are his hands, his last few seasons in the league he seemed to have more and more cases of the dropsies. If he’s gotten that under control and is healthy, I’d be surprised if he’s not a better player and fit than last season’s Seth Roberts.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Boykin not making strides is the cause of this type of move... No way a guy of his physical traits and athleticism shouldn’t have ever fallen short of 1000 receiving yards in a healthy season where he started all the games. I think on some level that has to be a work ethic/passion thing. So it certainly wouldn’t surprise me if he’s largely the same player as last year.

12 hours ago, berlin calling said:

Yeah, I know a few here weren’t happy with his selection, but he’s got the potential to end up as the best RB in franchise history based off what I saw on tape. If he can remain durable, I see no reason why he won’t easily replace the value left in Hurst’s wake.

• Like 1