Rams at Dallas: LP's and Doug Frees

HDsportsfan

Todd Gurley from the stats looked all-world. 

Oh well, no skin off my teeth. H/e if this does continue with Dak, I wonder if we might take a chance and sit him one game and see how Cooper does first string. Maybe it really is just a talent issue as to why Dak has looked so good and teams are catching up with the scheme. 

LP -   Lewis  continues to impress and improve. His play around the line of scrimmage and his ability to cover is top notch didn't really see any mistakes from him   Zeke.  He ran hard gave it his all.  DLaw   He made a game changing play and demanded extra attention all game only had Zero support

HM.  Dez.  I am mad about the drop huge miss there is why only HM. But he seemed to give all out on his routes and was open all night. 

DF - OL they did terrible 2nd half Eas totally dominated by the Rams front  Jaylon Smith he was in over his head this game. The rest of the LB core boy do we miss Lee and Hitchins here keeping things in order    Heath I had concerns but he is not a starter caliber safety can hit hard but makes way too many mistakes in coverage take wrong angles  When deep giving up big plays  

HM.  Dak he made some plays seemed to have a lot of effort but way too many missed passes I gave him a slight break because he was under duress almost every snap in the second half still you can't  routinely overthrow crossing routes like he did that were wide open 

as a side note I saw numerous players on this D in the second half with their back to the ball carrier running away from the runner with the ball  The situational awareness of this D was just a joke in the second half  I put this in not being properly prepared for what the Rams were doing and not being comfortable in the roles they were being asked to perform  

LP: Zeke, Alfred Morris

Doug Free: Damn near everyone but I'll single some out:

Dak Prescott: Have to start with the leader of this team. Dak was awesome in the first half and then he forgot how to play football in the 2nd. It's clear he's still a work in progress as he makes Russell Wilson and Tony Romo-esque escape plays look easy and then he can't hit the broad side of a barn. Also, I am getting absolutely sick of Dak and Dez not being on the same page. It happens so many times every single game. No more excuses. Get on the same damn page.

Johnathan Cooper: He was blown up nearly every play. I don't think Aaron Donald lined up across him, but if he did, then I give him a slight break. Regardless, its time to move La'el back to LG and try Green at RT.

Cole Beasley: Everyone's favorite player hardly belongs on the field this year. I think defenses have figured him out. A big reason why our offense looks so bad sometimes this year. When Beasley is getting 9-10 catches and moving the chains, this offense is virtually impossible to stop. When he's a ghost, it's pretty easy.

WR core: Dez made the opening catch and a BRILLIANT 15+ yard catch late in the game, but he's simply not a #1 receiver anymore. I love Terrance Williams and he's played well this year, but he dropped the 2 point conversion (it was wiped but hit him right in the hands) and than a short pass on the final drive. Brice Butler is nothing more than a deep threat guy. And then Switzer and Brown apparently won't ever get involved in the offense aside from predictable Ryan Switzer jet sweeps.

Defensive line: It's Lawrence and Collins and then a bunch of nobodies. Crawford sucks and Paea is nothing more than a "we had no other option" move. Irving returns so maybe he can add a huge spark. But overall the line is bad. If Lawrence hadn't stepped up 10 notches and Collins wasn't here, this would be the worst line in football hands down.

Taco: 4 games into a career is far too early to start calling for his head, but he has done absolutely nothing outside of his near safety sack in preseason. If we're just grading for now, SO FAR he's been a monumental failure.

Jaylon Smith: A fun story, but let's be honest, he doesn't belong in a starter's role right now.

Jeff Heath: Maybe the single worst player I have ever seen. Even funnier when you add that local media was hyping him up all offseason.

Coaching: Linehan needs to go. Runs the most predictable offense and when he tries to throw wrinkles in there (Switzer sweep) they are so predictable as well. Jason Garrett is a joke too.

I have a hard time blaming the offense for this loss. Yes Dak, Williams and the O-line didn't play very well but we did score 30 points. For a 16 game season that is elite scoring. In fact only one team in 2016 scored that many points. It wasn't the Pats. 

Problem is on the other side. I didn't count the number of blown and missed tackles. I do know if just two of them had been made in key situations the Rams would have scored at 7 fewer points. There was also very little pressure from the pass rush with only 1 sack. I have to put all the blame on the defense with dishonorable mention on Switzer,

This whole team is regressing. I believe a lot of Dak's problems is because he is trying to do too much.

They need to get back to play action, roll outs and get him on the move. He continues to force to Dez instead of going through his options. We have become so predictable on offense and Linehan never makes any adjustments.

I could also live with a new D coordinator. We have had less talent in past years and have been much better because at least the fundamentals were there. We have been terrible at making tackles and we can never seem to get off the field on a 3rd and long. 

Guys we all woke up this morning to the horrific news out of Vegas.  I'm driving home tonight and I hear the news about Tom Petty.  Somehow the plight of the Cowboys seems insignificant right now.  Tell me why I don't like Mondays is taking on a whole new meaning today.

9 hours ago, Tyronnosaurus said:

Coaching: Linehan needs to go. Runs the most predictable offense and when he tries to throw wrinkles in there (Switzer sweep) they are so predictable as well. Jason Garrett is a joke too.

30 pts, 400+ yds of offense, 180 something of which were rushing and Linehan needs to go? I don't know how that even adds up. Garrett was a joke last year too then? I get it's frustrating, but damn....

On 10/2/2017 at 9:00 AM, Tyronnosaurus said:

Dez made the opening catch and a BRILLIANT 15+ yard catch late in the game, but he's simply not a #1 receiver anymore.

I feel like this wouldn't even be a point of discussion had a certain NFL.com "analyst" not made the claim. It's one thing to say that Dez is no longer a top tier wide receiver (he is, though), it's another to say that he isn't even #1 wide receiver material. Seriously, a couple of games with low stats against great secondaries and people simply say the guy is washed up regardless of the fact that there isn't actually anything to visually confirm that at all. It's not reasonable to jump to such an extreme opinion over that, and this isn't even accounting for the fact that Dak has struggled to accurately get the ball to his targets. People look at the amount of catches he has in relation to his number of targets and criticize the guy for it, but it's just ridiculous to do that given the high amount of uncatchable passes that have gone his way. Context is everything. Dez is still a number one caliber receiver in this league, and he is still an elite player at the position. I have not seen one single aspect of his game downgraded since he was considered one of the best receivers in the game. He may not have the stats, but that really isn't all on him. 

You guys would make terrible teammates, whether in a sport or even in freakin call of duty hahaha

You are all so fast to point fingers at a single person, a single fault and a single error, but neglect the entirety of the game before and after that.

The entire team was outplayed in the second half. The coaches were outcoached. The OL was beaten off the snap. Zeke wasnt running with the same vision and cutback. Dak wasnt makjng the same adjustments and reads. Dez wasnt getting the same release. The Dbs werent breaking on the ball as quickly. 

Everyone sucked. Not Dak. Not Zeke. Not Smith. Not Jones or Heath. But the Dallas Cowboys sucked. All of them. And they all deserve a jock for that display in the second half.

Im wondering if its Garrett's message, direction or demeanor that has just worn off of this team. I know everyones quick to point to the QB but the problems are EVERYWHERE at every position. No one has played consistently well at all at any position.

21 hours ago, NoFlyZone said:

I feel like this wouldn't even be a point of discussion had a certain NFL.com "analyst" not made the claim. It's one thing to say that Dez is no longer a top tier wide receiver (he is, though), it's another to say that he isn't even #1 wide receiver material. Seriously, a couple of games with low stats against great secondaries and people simply say the guy is washed up regardless of the fact that there isn't actually anything to visually confirm that at all. It's not reasonable to jump to such an extreme opinion over that, and this isn't even accounting for the fact that Dak has struggled to accurately get the ball to his targets. People look at the amount of catches he has in relation to his number of targets and criticize the guy for it, but it's just ridiculous to do that given the high amount of uncatchable passes that have gone his way. Context is everything. Dez is still a number one caliber receiver in this league, and he is still an elite player at the position. I have not seen one single aspect of his game downgraded since he was considered one of the best receivers in the game. He may not have the stats, but that really isn't all on him. 

Have you paid attention to what Dak is doing on most of his missed throws?

Running for his life. Being crushed by 270 pound men. Forcing throws because its a last ditch effort, do it now to win or lose situation. Throwing to targets who cant get freaking open no matter how much they have been paid to do so.

Sorry, but a few poor throws - i count 2, maybe 3 per game so far - when he is attempting to do everything on his own does not nearly overshadow everything else this poor kid is doing. This reminds me of that 3x 8-8 run where Romo was getting all the blame but had  no help as was doing it all on his own and his 2 or 3 bad throws a game became "the reason why this team sucks" to people on this forum.

As you yourself just said, context is everything.

1 hour ago, DaBoys said:

Daks best throws of the season have come while on the move and improvised.  Look at all his TDs vs the Cards.  He seems to be missing while standing still in the pocket though. 

Dak has missed throws, both forced by pressure and also with time in the pocket. But he did that last year in wins as well. Difference is when Dallas loses, all missed throws are magnified. Does Dak deserve some blame for our losses? Of course, he is the QB. but a far bigger drop-off has been in most the other areas of Dallas game.  If not for the emergence of D Lawrence, this Defense would be the worst we have had in a decade IMO. If you guys want Dak and the offense to play better, the tell the defense to force a punt once in a while. or get a turnover. 

Archived