Giants sign CB Logan Ryan (1 year, $7.5 M)

RaidersAreOne

19 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

There has to be something that isn't public knowledge. Injury, attitude, something. Maybe just wanted too much money, idk.

Think he was just trying to hold out for the right opportunity once injuries piled up for teams in TC. If your not able to get top dollar, might as well wait it out until the end of TC and get to select somewhat where you want to go

36 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

There has to be something that isn't public knowledge. Injury, attitude, something. Maybe just wanted too much money, idk.

He hired a new agent like yesterday. I'd imagine the previous agent had something to do with that, as this got done super fast after he changed.

Much needed signing. He wanted to be a kind of gadget secondary player (not a true CB, but a safety/slot corner hybrid type player), which the Giants didn't have much room for with Peppers, Love, and Mckinney on the roster. With Mckinney out for a few months though, and Baker and Beal being out, we needed this badly to have a chance to be competitive this year. I'm honestly a bit surprised it is only for one year. Feels good to get a Jersey boy back in Jersey.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Dammit. I wanted him in Houston.

Same, 1 year, 7.5 million? Really? We couldn't get that? Maybe he really didn't wanna come here or something.

Doesn't matter anyway, goes to someone far away from us. At least we aren't facing him twice a year.

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

They can't play him at safety. They have Love there. Please make sure to remind your team of that @minutemancl

Beat writers aren't allowed to talk about where players are lining up and such due to new rules, but the strong 'hints' we've been getting from the beat writers is that 3 safety sets were/are going to play a huge part in Patrick Graham's defense. Originally, that was going to be Peppers, Love, and Mckinney, with Peppers playing a lot in the box. Now that Mckinney is out for a while, Ryan will take his place. I don't think this changes anything for Love; he is still going to get a majority of snaps.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, kingseanjohn said:

I think money. Not aware of any injury and definitely nothing character related. He seems like a top quality person and a great representative for the team. Will be a great leader in the DB room for sure. 

The problem is I think he wanted top CB money, but you really only want to play him in the slot. Teams just aren’t gonna pay that kind of money to a slot defender. He’s excellent there, but when forced to play outside due to injuries on the team last year, he got exposed a bit. Great signing for the Giants if you keep him between the hashes.