Fournette signing with the Bucs

Drained

38 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

Mark Long, a reporter in JAX for the AP, just dropped that he's heard rumblings this cut came from the players asking them to get him out.

Big indictment if true.

Long has been saying this off-season Fournette wouldn’t take another snap with the Jags again. 

That ^^^ wouldn’t surprise me either.

2 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

Long has been saying this off-season Fournette wouldn’t take another snap with the Jags again. 

That ^^^ wouldn’t surprise me either.

He's not my favorite guy to get info from, but he seems have been right about a lot this off-season.

Based on everything we've heard about Fournette it isn't crazy. Report does sound like him drawing in the lines and less concrete from actual words from people though after listening.

2 hours ago, paul-mac said:

Washington have the second pick on waivers, have to think there’s a decent chance they nab him after cutting Guice. If not them, I think he gets united with Tom Brady in Tampa

Actually thinking Patriots and pairing with Cam for some RPO. That's a scary combo to be honest. 

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Actually thinking Patriots and pairing with Cam for some RPO. That's a scary combo to be honest. 

I do not see why the Pats would want him but then again it wouldn't surprise me. It is going to be interesting to see how these guys with bigger characters come to play. I know they have had some high character guys in the past with Gordon, Gronk and Moss but having Showboat Cam and Careless Leonard could be disastrous. I think the Pats RB group is better off with out him, white, Miller, Harris, Burkhead, and Michel in no particular order is an acceptable RB group. When you have teammates telling coaching and coaching telling front office that they all want him gone then there is an issue with him. Ramsey seems to be the only one to publicly back him and lets be real he had issues with Jax too because they didnt pay him when he demanded it early on in his rookie deal. I can see more of a Seattle type team willing to make the risk on him 

Just now, .Buzz said:

Think "good" is being tossed around pretty easily here.

You don't get cut and pass through waivers due to a $4M price tag if your "good".

He’s a good RB, good is not great but he’s certainly better than average. I don’t think the 4 mil was the issue for going unclaimed, I think it’s the personality/attitude coming along with the 4 mil. 

4 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

He’s a good RB, good is not great but he’s certainly better than average. I don’t think the 4 mil was the issue for going unclaimed, I think it’s the personality/attitude coming along with the 4 mil. 

He is not better than average. He is a RB that is playing in the wrong era that doesn't fit most modern style offenses.

Is he a guy who can help a team? Sure. He's a good pass blocker and can help spell a team who already has "their guy" as a compliment. If you need someone to take a beating and aren't in win now mode he can be a non-efficient bulk stat guy like last year as well. 

36 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Someone's going to land a good RB this late in the game. 

I think the fact that he went unclaimed off waivers says a lot about how highly he's viewed as an actual running back though. 

*edit*

well, I forgot the about the base salary inheritance, so it doesn't speak as loudly about how good or bad teams think he is as a running back as I originally suggested 

6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Which teams are still primarily a power running scheme?

Detroit? Patriots sometimes? What is Washington running now?

I don't know that there are a lot of teams that primarily run a power running game at this juncture. I feel like there are many more teams utilizing zone concepts a fair bit into their running scheme, even if they aren't as complex as some of the blocking seen in Kyle's offense, for example