Who to Start/Sit Thread

JaguarCrazy2832

On 12/10/2020 at 12:39 PM, EaglesPeteC said:

Help me get that playoff win,

Josh Allen vs PIT or Ryan Tannehill vs JAX

Deebo Samuel vs WFT or Miles Sanders vs NO

Miles Gaskin and James Robinson carrying my team while Miles Sanders and Josh Jacobs ride the pine.....just like we all predicted......

Tanny has the higher ceiling and the worse defense (meaning I believe the titans will continue to throw the ball even if they get a lead). Cant go wrong with either QB though. Both guys will push 30 points imo

You are considering playing miles sanders? Are you some kind of masochist? DEEBO easy choice imo. The niners will have to use quick passes. I will just assume this is ppr or .5ppr. He will get 7-8 catches for 100+ imo

11 hours ago, SaveOurSonics said:

Am I insane for considering starting Cole Kmet against Houston over Logan Thomas against SF?

These are your only two options? As forge said, niners are the best team in the league at covering the TE - mainly because of Fred Warner. There are streamers out there I like better than kmet. Jordan Atkins could be a very sneaky play with the WR problems houston has. He has dropped some TDs and maybe he will actually hold onto one

9 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

since Julio is out.  Choose 2

Brandon Aiyuk

DJ Chark

Debo Samuel

Keeke Coutee

Really depends on what you need with ceiling vs floor

I probably would eliminate chark off of the top. He could very well go off against the titans, glennon is chucking it down field, he could have a long touchdown, but there is a lot of variance in there that I would avoid if possible

Coutee is a good play. Bears slot corner is not good. Keeke and Watson seem to have chemistry 

I like both niners WRs. I would go with aiyuk over deebo if you wanted to diversify.

So basically, I would probably go coutee and aiyuk all things being equal 

When asking sit/start, remember to put PPR/.5ppr/or standard!

Edited by N4L
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mattyice0401 said:

PPR league

Woukd you rather play Dandre swift if he goes or Johnathan Taylor? Also would you trust Josh Jacobs if he goes? He’s a must start if he does right? 

I would rather play swift and Taylor over Jacobs. 

I would rather play Taylor over swift if I was choosing between just those two 

• Like 1

On 12/11/2020 at 9:58 PM, Forge said:

I'd lean aiyuk... More complete wide receiver, isn't as reliant on scheme. He's outscored deebo in 4 of 5 games they have played together, I believe. Aiyuk more likely to score a TD, and less likely to leave the game with injury, and a lot of deebo action came in garbage time last week

I didn't really think that would come into play, but yay me for bringing it up

• Like 1

Pop quiz, hot shot.

Team in first place is playing the team in 4th. They are losing right now by 5, but have Chubb to play. If he wins, the highest scoring team in the league makes the playoffs as the 4 seed and guy with Chubb has to play him in the first round.

Sit Chubb? I think yes (to put this in perspective, the team he's playing this week, who would be the 4th seed if 1 seed sits Chubb, has scored 250 less points than guy who will make the playoffs if #1 seed doesn't sit Chubb)

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Forge said:

Pop quiz, hot shot.

Team in first place is playing the team in 4th. They are losing right now by 5, but have Chubb to play. If he wins, the highest scoring team in the league makes the playoffs as the 4 seed and guy with Chubb has to play him in the first round.

Sit Chubb? I think yes (to put this in perspective, the team he's playing this week, who would be the 4th seed if 1 seed sits Chubb, has scored 250 less points than guy who will make the playoffs if #1 seed doesn't sit Chubb)

Given this information, yes, I would sit Chubb. 

I'd have to really look hard at the matchups next week to confirm it, but based on the above I would say that would be a shrewd move 

• Like 1

Week 15 - Who should I start?

PPR League

QB - Ryan Tannehill (DET) or Jalen Hurts (@ARI) 

Leaning towards Tannehill.   Hurts look decent yesterday, but looked like the Saints were starting to figure him out towards the end of the game.  Maybe give him one more week on the bench (assuming I win next week)

RB2 spot (Pick 1) - JK Dobbins (JAX) or Cam Akers (NYJ)

I am eager to see what Dobbins does tonight, but I think I am leaning towards Akers

WR 2 spot (Pick 1) - Terry McLaurin (SEA), Deebo Samuel (if he plays)(@DAL), TY Hilton (HOU), Jarvis Landry (@NYG), DJ Moore (@GB)

I have Davante Adams at WR1.  I need a 2nd WR.  I think I am leaning towards Hilton.  He has a great matchup against Houston.  Terry McLaurin has been killing me that last 2 weeks.  DJ and Deebo if they are healthy enough to play of course.  

FLEX - Dobbins/Akers (whoever I don't pick at RB2), McLaurin, Samuel, Hilton, Landry and Moore

Normally I would pick a 3rd WR to go here, but if I choose Hilton at WR2 the only other WR I trust right now is Landry.  So really I think it comes down to Dobbins, Akers or Landry.  

Any advice would be appreciated.  Good luck this week guys!

@UnitedInOrgange

You have to start Akers with the volume McVay is giving him and what should be a stupid easy matchup. My only concern is he rides the pine before the game is over like Seattle did with Chris Carson, but that’s not nearly reason enough to bench him. 

Tanny v Hurts is super close. I said I’d go JAllen over Tanny last week despite a matchup with the Jags and that paid off. This week I’d go with Tannehill. Reason being is the Lions offense should actually keep the game competitive. 

TY vHOU is too juicy to pass up, but I’d have Terry as a must start in the flex. I expect him to eat despite back2back quiet games against a defense that continues to give far too much cushion to opposing WRs. 

• Like 1