Raiders are trading RB/returner Lynn Bowden Jr to the Dolphins

agarcia34

Vic

seems like it was more to do with his character and his ability not making it worth the risk.

Some at the team facility thought the rookie was more concerned with picking up new cars than the playbook, and on the field Bowden looked measured and not explosive. On top of a lack of breakaway speed, he was always getting blasted when it was his turn to pass block. 

There were also some growing concerns that he was getting more and more distracted in Las Vegas and that he might be an influence on other rookies like Henry Ruggs III and Damon Arnette. 

Suddenly, that slide rule that teams use to measure talent versus potential risks tilted toward the conclusion that keeping Bowden was a losing proposition

Edited by agarcia34
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

FFS all the teams keep banging on about how rigorous the vetting process is and background checks, interviews and so on they put these young kids through. Clearly we didnt do our homework on this clown.

Do we have professional interviewers sitting down with these guys to ascertain their character traits or is it just Gruden gushing over them while Mayock takes notes?? Maybe we do but its been my job in the past and its usually quite easy to get a very good feel for someone with a good professional interviewer who knows what they're doing. 

15 hours ago, ronjon1990 said:

What picks?

Jacobs and Crosby are literally the only two we have enough tape on to call home runs. 

renfrow? foster? 

very solid picks. guess 4 solid picks is horrible. trayvon wasn't good last year when he played last several weeks?

you guys make me laugh sometimes. 

mostly all guys drafted contributed.

guys first nfl draft ever and got good production from all but abram (hurt) and ferrell which I didn't love but this year will be more telling. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

FFS all the teams keep banging on about how rigorous the vetting process is and background checks, interviews and so on they put these young kids through. Clearly we didnt do our homework on this clown.

Do we have professional interviewers sitting down with these guys to ascertain their character traits or is it just Gruden gushing over them while Mayock takes notes?? Maybe we do but its been my job in the past and its usually quite easy to get a very good feel for someone with a good professional interviewer who knows what they're doing. 

Clown??  Why cause raiders pr is throwing out a bunch of character issues. We have no proof he is a bad apple yet. They ask him to pick up a new system at a new position and are surprised he struggle wit it. 

Meh, better to cut bait on him now then hold onto him and have him eat up a valuable roster spot just because of his draft status.

I like that Mayock cut bait if he was a distraction, wasn't learning the playbook and didn't look good on the field.  Long gone are the days where we hold onto guy just because Ol' Al drafted them high.

You guys crack me up to, making it seem like drafting is an exact science and how you all expect perfection.  Look back on 3rd round picks from drafts a few years ago and you'll realize that 95 percent of them are names you've never heard of.  SMH  Mayock is doing a great job considering he had to blow up the dumpster fire he inherited.      

1 hour ago, dante9876 said:

Clown??  Why cause raiders pr is throwing out a bunch of character issues. We have no proof he is a bad apple yet. They ask him to pick up a new system at a new position and are surprised he struggle wit it. 

We only are prived to the information we are given and yes I believe the guy was a clown, do we know for a fact, we do not, but why else would we cut bait with the guy?

He's either a clown/ distraction, he sucked or a combo of the two. 

Just now, dante9876 said:

Ive seen him called clown and a "hoodrat" in this thread because the raiders pr is assassinating a rookies character in an attempt to try to save face. 

If dude really does have character issues, why didn't we know that beforehand as much as Mayock goes on about having a good lockeroom.

58 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

We only are prived to the information we are given and yes I believe the guy was a clown, do we know for a fact, we do not, but why else would we cut bait with the guy?

He's either a clown/ distraction, he sucked or a combo of the two. 

Yeah all the information coming from team. Maybe he wasn't the player they thought he was. Instead of just saying we over drafting a gadget guy. Here comes all the character rumors. Shocker young guys like nice cars. Huge news flash. Lynn say he left his house 2. Or 3 times at most. I guess he was on his computer looking at them. Last I check though ruggs was the guy with a whole Instagram video of buying his baby mom's a new ride. This makes no sense. 

27 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Ive seen him called clown and a "hoodrat" in this thread because the raiders pr is assassinating a rookies character in an attempt to try to save face. 

If dude really does have character issues, why didn't we know that beforehand as much as Mayock goes on about having a good lockeroom.

Its quick how fast fans turn on players cause the team tells them to. I mean raiders fans was defending the crap out of him when his grandma house got raided. Now he gets cut, the house getting raided was a sign and a character issue. Lolol. Yeah ok. 

Edited by dante9876

3 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Yep, we wouldn't have traded a 3rd round pick straight off the bat because he's struggling to pick up the system only. Seems a lack of effort and apparently being a negative influence on our other rookies was cited as reasons so clown seems quite apt.

We obviously shouldn't have picked a guy who's never played RB before to then try and learn how to play RB with an abridged training camp and no pre season games so that is foolish on our part. However, the very least you expect is professionalism and committment.

4 hours ago, dante9876 said:

Yeah all the information coming from team. Maybe he wasn't the player they thought he was. Instead of just saying we over drafting a gadget guy. Here comes all the character rumors. Shocker young guys like nice cars. Huge news flash. Lynn say he left his house 2. Or 3 times at most. I guess he was on his computer looking at them. Last I check though ruggs was the guy with a whole Instagram video of buying his baby mom's a new ride. This makes no sense. 

Who do you trust the player or the multiple coaches/ managers watching and evaluating him everyday?  It's the same thing with players denying PED usage, they never will admit they have used PED until there is a 100 percent chance they are caught.

Here is a video that shows Bowden and his inability to control his emotions.  I have never praised the pick and have never stuck up for for the guy.  I was waiting to see him on the NFL field before I make any judgment on what type of a player he is.  

Edited by Frankie2Gunz