Raiders are trading RB/returner Lynn Bowden Jr to the Dolphins

agarcia34

10 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

From Vince:

The more camp unfolded, the more you sensed the @Raiders uneasiness about Lynn Bowden as the backup to Josh Jacobs. including OC Greg Olson talking yesterday about the difficult transition going from college WR/QB to NFL RB

We extended Richard in February so we already had a 3rd down back on the roster so this was always a confusing pick for me. How can you expect someone that's never even played RB to be your primary backup? Especially with no OTAs and no preseason... We should've kept him and just moved him around. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Home runs? Maxx Crosby is the only player he's taken I would classify as a home run. Yes, Josh Jacobs is awesome but he's a RB and if you take one in the first he had better be awesome right away with the short shelf life RBs have. Jacobs was the consensus #1 RB it wasn't some shrewed move by mayock.

Clelin Ferrell was an awful pick at 4. We're hoping he can at best be a 7-8 sack guy and a "lockeroom leader"...I like Abrams but he projects as a box safety and in today's NFL that isn't worth a first unless he's Kam Chancellor. Renfrow at best is a long term solid slot. You will never go into a season comfortable with him as a top 2 option. Arnette was a surprise pick. And you can even argue Ruggs was over drafted.

Raider fans didn't learn with Reggie not to rush to crown our GM as some draft genius because he had a solid class.

You can sugar coat it anyway you want. Awful, awful pick. We took this guy with a top 80 pick. A damn gadget RB/WR/QB like we are a good enough team to risk taking a player like that. I can't remember the last time a 3rd rounder was given up on so early.

Quentin Moses in 07? This is embarrassing

This guy doesn’t have blinders on. Kudos to you.

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Gruden learned quick that he is not creative enough for a player like Bowden. 

Or that it was a mistake pick from the jump. Bowden was a solid slot receiver in college but running as a QB in shot gun every play vs being a full time RB is a much different position. 

4 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Or that it was a mistake pick from the jump. Bowden was a solid slot receiver in college but running as a QB in shot gun every play vs being a full time RB is a much different position. 

I think the biggest mistake was taking him without realizing he would need time to acclimate.

• Like 1

i understand that it can be seeimgly easy to play monday morning QB, but i really cant wrap my head around spending a day 2 pick on a guy that doesn't seem to have any path to a starting job, not just for this season but the foreseeable future. this is why just about everybody here loved and still loves the Edwards selection that was made just 2 picks later. its also why people are and were apprehensive about the tanner muse pick.

a gadget/project player who can contribute to special teams screams day 3

• Like 1