Week 1 GDT - Arizona Cardinals at San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, John232 said:

Another thing..line is ok but we clearly miss Buckner.

if Jeudy or Lamb pan out and we went with a dud DT..not gonna feel good. 

But it’s one game, just really need to see more from guys not named Bosa, Hyder and AA

offcourse in the first game you will miss a guy like Buckner. Doesn't mean in the long term it is the better decision for the team. Would be strange if Thomas and Kinlaw where better than Buckner game 1 without a preseason and shortened offseason. 

For the second part i really was dissapointed by Ford's inability to get any pressure on Murray and he basically got absolutely stonewalled by Beachum.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Justone2 said:

offcourse in the first game you will miss a guy like Buckner. Doesn't mean in the long term it is the better decision for the team. Would be strange if Thomas and Kinlaw where better than Buckner game 1 without a preseason and shortened offseason. 

For the second part i really was dissapointed by Ford's inability to get any pressure on Murray and he basically got absolutely stonewalled by Beachum.

Yeah, still 100% the right move, just saying Kinlaw wasn’t necessarily the right pick.

Ford was super concerning. Stonewalled all game.

Bosa a beast though. Jones and depth look like they’ll be fine

I didn't get to see the game, as I'm stuck at work. I'll have to wait until sometime during the week to watch. 

From what I've been reading is that Jimmy and the defense didn't have the best game.

I would just encourage everyone to NOT overreact. 

No preseason, even for a team like ours who retained most of the coaching staff, shouldn't be taken lightly. Especially against a QB/offense we don't match-up well against. I was predicting a win but I had prepared myself for a slow start and a very good chance@a L.

Also read Kittle got hurt and didn't looked healthy when he returned. You lose your top receiving threat early in the game, on top of not having your top two WRs and it would be safe to assume the passing game might struggle.

Its going to be a long(hopefully), weird season. Now is definitely not the time to panic. I've been harder on Jimmy than most around here but even I won't be calling for his head after one loss, let alone a week 1 loss. Let's us get healthy and a couple of games under our belt and then let's see how we measure up. Most of top teams in the league...Chiefs, Ravens & Saints, took care of business. Kudos to them. Doesn't mean we're still not to be reckoned with. I predicted we would split our two games against the Cards. Just so happened that the one loss came earlier than I had anticipated...no biggie.

Edited by 757-NINER
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

I didn't get to see the game, as I'm stuck at work. I'll have to wait until sometime during the week to watch. 

From what I've been reading is that Jimmy and the defense didn't have the best game.

I would just encourage everyone to NOT over-react. 

No preseason, even for a team like ours who retained most of the coaching staff, shouldn't be taken lightly. Especially against a QB/offense we don't match-up well against. I was predicting a win but I had prepared myself for a slow start and a very good chance@a L.

Also read Kittle got hurt and didn't looked healthy when he returned. You lose your top receiving threat early in the game, on top of not having your top two WRs and it would be safe to assume the passing game might struggle.

Its going to be a long(hopefully), weird season. Now is definitely not the time to panic. I've been harder on Jimmy than most around here but even I won't be calling for his head after one loss, let alone a week 1 loss. Let's us get healthy and a couple of games under our belt and then let's see how we measure up. Most of top teams in the league...Chiefs, Ravens & Saints, took care of business. Kudos to them. Doesn't mean we're still not to be reckoned with. I predicted we would split our two games against the Cards. Just happened that one loss came earlier than I had anticipated...no biggie.

Everyone last preseason in game 1 lost their minds when Jimmy played terribly against the Broncos. 

Yeah, I'm just happy to have some kind of sport that can entertain me for a bit. If they want to suck, well that sucks, but it will still get the job done. Nothing I can do about it anyway, and even if they go far, it clearly will take an otherworldly domination to bypass the officials' whim anyway. 

13 minutes ago, John232 said:

People are reacti g strongly because they want to seed growth I’m Jimmy’s game from his patriots day and we’re not quite seeing it. It’s one game in his first healthy year, so lots still to see, but first game there was 0 positives to derive from it 

Yeah, I don't think there's anything wrong with instant rage and frustration on game day.

If it carries over beyond the weekend and then some, well then, maybe there is a compartmentalization issue that needs further inspection. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47iroxo1ijcvq13u8q09

• Like 1

Just now, oldman9er said:

Yeah, I don't think there's anything wrong with instant rage and frustration on game day.

If it carries over beyond the weekend and then some, well then, maybe there is a compartmentalization issue that needs further inspection. 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47iroxo1ijcvq13u8q09

Yeah, 100%. I’ve already moved on. We knew this year was going to be a bit of a blood bath with our division. Is what it is, 15 games left. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, John232 said:

People are reacti g strongly because they want to seed growth I’m Jimmy’s game from his patriots day and we’re not quite seeing it. It’s one game in his first healthy year, so lots still to see, but first game there was 0 positives to derive from it 

I mean I get it. After all, I was the one arguing that we had the worst starting QB of all the playoff teams in the NFC. But perspective has to be given in these circumstances.  Jimmy seems like the type of QB that needs preseason to get his timing, his rhythm within the offense. Practice isn't the same tempo/speed. He's struggle early on every preseason since he's been here. That's why I was anticipated a slow start from him. 

A friend of mine txted me that Jimmy rarely had enough room to step up in the pocket most of the game. He said Brunskill absolutely sucked. That he was constantly getting walked back and wasn't stout in pass pro at all@RG. And we started a center we signed off the street like a couple weeks ago correct?? Just sounds like a recipe for disaster. And that's a recipe Kyle and John cooked up. I've been saying ad nauseam that Brunskill has no business playing inside and that center and RG needed to be addressed for us to truly see what we have in Jimmy. They rolled the dice thinking they could get by with what they had in-house and it looks like snake eyes so far.