Week 1 Raiders at Panthers GDT

agarcia34

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Maybe we should take a page out of Al Davis' playbook and playaction to Ruggs going as deep as we can. It'll be something that sticks in the safeties and CBs minds, just heave it long, doesn't have to be a completion just so they can see first hand the speed and keep them from jamming down.

Im all for it, but also wouldn't mind a screen to Ruggs to get him a easy first catch and get the jitters out the way. 

• Like 2

I’m ready!!! Expecting a bit sloppy game from both teams with some turnovers and punts cause it’s Week 1 and no pre season, but I’m taking Raiders by a FG!

If Panthers win a close one, not the end of the world, although it certainly hurts our playoff chances. 

However, if Panthers blow us out, who are a pretty average team at the moment, we are probably in for a longggg horrible year. 

7 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

We should do that a few times each game, even if Dc overthrows it on purpose. Won’t let the safeties creep in the box to shut down Jacobs. 

People forget DC usually has jitters the first quarter and does overthrow a lot. Favre was his idol and did the same thing.

On 9/11/2020 at 11:49 AM, NYRaider said:

Our young DB's are going to have their hands full in coverage against Moore, Anderson, and Samuel. 

Curtis Samuel has looked like crap in camp, not sure why you would even bring him up. 

On 9/8/2020 at 9:09 AM, NYRaider said:

Carolina is the only bad team that we play in the first 6 weeks. And even then we've regularly struggled to win games on the East coast and they have a dynamic offense. 

Are they bad?

On 9/11/2020 at 11:49 AM, NYRaider said:

It's hard for me to think we'll be able to completely slow down their offense. They have a lot of new pieces but Bridgewater is a solid veteran QB, their WR core is legit, and McCaffery might be the best weapon in the league. Their offense was decent last season with Kyle Allen at QB, Bridgewater is a huge upgrade and Robby Anderson was another nice addition for them. Our young DB's are going to have their hands full in coverage against Moore, Anderson, and Samuel.

Or are they good? Really, I can't tell with your conflicting nature anymore...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Or are they good? Really, I can't tell with your conflicting nature anymore...

I would say they are neither good or bad.  They are a very large question mark.  They are better on paper but they have new coaching, new defensive scheme, and a new QB.  With no off-season we should win but if we lose that reflects poorly on us.  I like that I get to watch my favorite prospect the last two years in game one.  To bad he will be on the other team.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

I would say they are neither good or bad.  They are a very large question mark.  They are better on paper but they have new coaching, new defensive scheme, and a new QB.  With no off-season we should win but if we lose that reflects poorly on us.  I like that I get to watch my favorite prospect the last two years in game one.  To bad he will be on the other team.

Yeah the Panthers are a huge question mark. I mean everyone in Week 1 is.. but the Panthers even moreso. They have a good offensive squad, and added some young defensive pieces in the draft. Teddy/Brady could be great together, Rhule could be a great coach, and that defense may gel quicker than usual. Or, they could be average, or bad. Tough team to gauge.

We'll find out in seven hours.

56 minutes ago, Totty said:

I've been watching hype videos for the last hour before I go to bed.  I'm so pumped.  Can't FN wait.  Going to bed since I work nights.  See you soon Raider NATION.  See. You. Soon.  

I can't even sleep... with my luck I'll fall asleep mid-game due to staying up out of excitement. Has happened to me on opening day before lmao.