Week 1 Raiders at Panthers GDT

agarcia34

Gotta imagine J.Abram is just counting down the days until he can hit someone. Just want him to take his anger out on CMC just lay him out one time. Also very interested in seeing how he holds up in coverage. 

This is Jon Gruden first play will be a Josh Jacobs inside zone run with at least two TE's on the field 

Edited by agarcia34

2 hours ago, agarcia34 said:

Gotta imagine J.Abram is just counting down the days until he can hit someone. Just want him to take his anger out on CMC just lay him out one time. Also very interested in seeing how he holds up in coverage. 

This is Jon Gruden first play will be a Josh Jacobs inside zone run with at least two TE's on the field 

Always good to start with a run play and kill the nerves.  After the initial collision between lines nerves calm down.

Raider win...

Panthers have a new coach/system/QB with no pre-season to get in synch. Raiders can pound the ball and use TE's all day. Add our WR's for a few plays and we should get and keep the lead. Waller and Renfrow already have Carr's trust. A few passes to the rookies and the game should be over before 4th quarter as long as back up RB doesn't fumble.

If we lose, I'll join Jim with 'sky falling' talk so you better hope we win!

1 minute ago, G said:

Raider win...

Panthers have a new coach/system/QB with no pre-season to get in synch. Raiders can pound the ball and use TE's all day. Add our WR's for a few plays and we should get and keep the lead. Waller and Renfrow already have Carr's trust. A few passes to the rookies and the game should be over before 4th quarter as long as back up RB doesn't fumble.

If we lose, I'll join Jim with 'sky falling' talk so you better hope we win!

I don't think this is as much of a "gimme" as people are making it seem to be. We have an extremely young defense, two rookie starters at WR, and we've historically struggled in early games on the east coast. 

I'm not a huge Bridgewater fan but he looked good last season and he has some weapons in the passing game. Moore/Anderson are going to be a huge test for our two young CB's and we'll also have our hands full with McCaffery. 

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I don't think this is as much of a "gimme" as people are making it seem to be. We have an extremely young defense, two rookie starters at WR, and we've historically struggled in early games on the east coast. 

I'm not a huge Bridgewater fan but he looked good last season and he has some weapons in the passing game. Moore/Anderson are going to be a huge test for our two young CB's and we'll also have our hands full with McCaffery. 

Not a gimmie at all. If it was 3-6 weeks later I'd be worried but with what we added to what we've brought back we should have chemistry with many no offense. Defense is young and will make mistakes flying to the ball but it's bend don't break. I expect Raiders to get TD's and control the clock. Panthers will settle for FG's until the game's almost out of reach. Then we just control the clock and take away hope. 

Not a gimmie at all, just too early for Panthers to have chemistry and only getting experience with team mates. We're coming out hitting on both sides of the ball.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, G said:

Panthers will settle for FG's until the game's almost out of reach. 

Not a gimmie at all, just too early for Panthers to have chemistry and only getting experience with team mates. We're coming out hitting on both sides of the ball.

It's hard for me to think we'll be able to completely slow down their offense. They have a lot of new pieces but Bridgewater is a solid veteran QB, their WR core is legit, and McCaffery might be the best weapon in the league. Their offense was decent last season with Kyle Allen at QB, Bridgewater is a huge upgrade and Robby Anderson was another nice addition for them. Our young DB's are going to have their hands full in coverage against Moore, Anderson, and Samuel. 

Offensively I expect we'll play pretty well but we're also starting two rookie WR's that have never played a snap of live NFL football.

Defensively I'm cautiously optimistic about us coming out and hitting on all cylinders. Our secondary is a huge question mark going into the season, IMO. We're starting Mullen who flashed but was pretty up and down, Abram who's essentially a rookie, Arnette who is a rookie, Harris who is okay but can get beat, and Joyner who was horrible last season. 

• Like 1

I'm focused on something outside of Carolina's WRs and RBs.  I'm focused on their OL.  If they can't hold, the offense struggles.  According to PFF, Their starting offensive linemen were responsible for 22 penalties and 18 sacks last season.  According to PFF, 4 of their OL had PFF grades 63 and below.  Dennis Daley, their LG, is their worst player on the OL with a PFF grade of 57.  PFF lists him being responsible for 4 penalties and 8 sacks.  Two of their starters are new to the team, their LT and RG.  So they may struggle as a unit.  I really hope to see us dominating the trenches.  If we can disrupt the pocket, it changes everything.  We have to stack sacks.  I think if we win the trenches on defense, we win the game.  

• Like 1

I’m so excited!

I hope our youth takes another step forward... Jacobs, Renfrow, Zay, Waller, Kolton, Mad Max, Ferrell,  Hurst, Key 

excited for our early impact rookies Ruggs, Edwards, Arnette and Abram 

plus our free agent adds 
Nellie, Collins, Kwit, Littleton, McMillen

plus this could be the year DC shuts up his haters disrespecting him...

On 9/10/2020 at 2:00 PM, MrOaktown_56 said:

It might be the first play of the game honestly.

Al Davis used to do that to set the tone.  It used to open up the run game and keep the safety's off the line of scrimmage.  The era of the Mad Bomber Daryl Lamonica in the early 70's.

Edited by S&B Bleeder
Added a name.
  • Like 2

On 9/11/2020 at 2:26 PM, agarcia34 said:

Maybe we should take a page out of Al Davis' playbook and playaction to Ruggs going as deep as we can. It'll be something that sticks in the safeties and CBs minds, just heave it long, doesn't have to be a completion just so they can see first hand the speed and keep them from jamming down.

On 9/9/2020 at 3:00 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

Start Waller boys!

The odd thing about Whitehead dropping 15lbs is (as far as I remember) he wasn’t that heavy to begin with. He was 6’2 241ish I believe.... and shredded low body fat.... he’s really always been around that weight.... I guess he realized he can’t cover and his only choice is drop weight and hope he can at least be decent in coverage...:. But that could really affect his stoutness to take on blocks.... idk we’ll see but I’d definitely run at him often and get Waller matched up on his all day long.

13 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Im more concerned how we come out in the 2nd half as a offense. We been terrible scoring in the 3rd quarter and with halftime adjustments since Gruden came aboard

That was what doomed us in last year.... we were pathetic in the 3rd Q.... all the time.....

we gotta be better at making adjustments to the defenses adjustments after halftime.  I think having speed at WR will definitely help that issue.