Week 1 Raiders at Panthers GDT

agarcia34

I think we need to puch that DL in the mouth early and often. Let's get phisical with them, we have the size, strenght to do so IMO.

I think we could be able to run on them, especially to the outsides.

Let Tahir and Shaq think about run support, so then we can slice up that young secondary with accurate middle of the field passing stuff and some deep bombs :)

On defense we need to double, maybe even tripple CMC most of the time. Limit him as much as we can. Don't let their superstar player beat us. Make Teddy beat us with his arm.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Rolni said:

I think we need to puch that DL in the mouth early and often. Let's get phisical with them, we have the size, strenght to do so IMO.

Let Tahir and Shaq think about run support, so then we can slice up that young secondary with accurate middle of the field passing stuff and some deep bombs :)

On defense we need to double, maybe even tripple CMC most of the time. Limit him as much as we can. Don't let their superstar player beat us. Make Teddy beat us with his arm.

I see what you're saying, but I'd just isolate Whitehead on passing plays as much as possible until they sub him out for a big nickel/dime look.

Then run it down their throats and mix in some play action bombs.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎8‎/‎2020 at 9:09 AM, NYRaider said:

Carolina is the only bad team that we play in the first 6 weeks. And even then we've regularly struggled to win games on the East coast and they have a dynamic offense. 

New Orleans is one of the best teams in the league with one of the most dynamic offenses in the league. 

We travel to New England who should still have a high level defense and we haven't won there since 1994. 

Buffalo will be one of the best defensive teams in the league and should be a playoff team again this year. 

Kansas City is the best team in the league and has wrecked us recently. 

Tampa Bay has Tom Brady with arguably the best collection of weapons that he has ever had in his career. 

Not true. They won in New England on January 19th, 2002.

On 9/8/2020 at 2:16 PM, Chali21 said:

I think the Raiders defense has been built to to stop the run, McCaffery is going to have a good game but I think the Raiders will slow him. 

Really? It looks like we've focused heavily on adding better coverage players like Littleton, Kwiatkoski, Mullen, Arnette, and pass rushers like Crosby, Collins, Nassib, Key, Hurst. Looks like we have had a real go at trying to eradicate the TE problems we've had since forever and have added speed and athleticism rather than strength and stoutness, only really Ferrell and Hankins I would regard as stout run defenders primarily.

I can see the superb McCaffrey causing us problems but I hope we'll be able to, maybe not contain him, but limit him in the passing game. I do have a good feeling about our young defensive backs but with Teddy at the tiller I think the Panthers look for lots of screens, dump offs and check downs, I don't think they'll attack us deep too often and I think if they do we'll have an advantage there.

6 hours ago, Rolni said:

This exactly, I feel pretty good about our defensive backfield, especially if our pass rush improves likes we hope it has.

I am cautiously optimistic about this game. Carolina has some game-breakers that would have given us fits in the past(CMC, DJ Moore) Could you imagine Whitehead covering CMC? yikes. But I think we are a tad better suited this year with Littleton and Kwit. We have a lot more speed on defense and speed makes up for a lot. 

I think we move the ball well and put up a good number of points on the board. I expect big games from Carr, Jacobs and Waller, with a few splash plays from Ruggs, Edwards and Renfrow. 

I think our continuity prevails here(when is the last time you could say that about a Raiders team?) Carolina is dealing with a lot of turnover and with this offseason it will affect them negatively early. 

I say we control the game from start to finish but Carolina scores a few cheap ones at the end to make it look closer than it is. 

34-27 Raiders