Week 1 Raiders at Panthers GDT

agarcia34

Tough game to predict, kind of 50/50 on it, as are most Week 1 games as we have no idea who’s good yet. However, crucial game to win if they think they can go 9-7 and get a wildcard spot, as this would be one of our easier road games for sure, and I’d say the Panthers are a pretty average team overall. 

I’ll say Raiders win 24-21. Although confidence meter is pretty low and I’m not entirely sure what to expect. I hate predicting Week 1 games. 

The reason I’m picking the Raiders is:

- I feel our defenses are both bad, but I feel the Raiders Offense is better than the Panthers Offense and will have a slightly better game. I say slightly better game because I think Joe Brady is a fantastic OC and Bridgewater will have a solid season, probably the best season of his career. The Panthers weapons will also get the best of our corners most likely. Plus we are on the road. 

I don’t think our offense will look pretty and I think the OL will be the MVPs here, even without Trent. Carr and Jacobs will have ok games, not quite good or bad. 

Can’t wait to enjoy some football. 

Raiders have been bet up in the sportsbetting market from Pick em  to -3.

Panthers and other new coaches are at a disadvantage week 1 with no preseason games, OTAs or mini camp. 

Also we really have no clue what the Panthers are gonna run. Bridgewater is a good QB

However we should win this game due to the team KNOWS this is a must win. Schedule gets brutal for the next 6-7 games

I think we’re actually a bit lucky our first game is versus such a poor and young defense.... maybe we can get the ball rolling and continue that throughout the season.... at very least maybe the young guys have success and build confidence.

28-24 Raiders

it’ll be a tough game and come down to the last 2 possessions for each team.  I don’t expect offenses to be in sync league wide the first few weeks... defenses have the advantage early on... due to the odd Offseason+TC and no Preseason. Teams, and even position groups within teams, without major turnover will have the advantage.

Keeping the OLine in tack should mean they have success early on. 

1 hour ago, Justwinning said:

I honestly expect us to score at least 24 points and anything less will be a disappointment . CAR's defense is horrid and we have our entire offense essentially returning and shouldn't miss a beat. We just have to not let CMC run wild (obviously).

Well I agree the entire OL coming back is massive.  But we have all new WRs minus Renfrow.  And we have 2 rookie starters.  I’m not expecting great timing with the WRs early on.  But I am confident Ruggs and Edwards have enough pure talent to beat their CBs.

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

The more I'm thinking about the season the more I think that the running teams like the Raiders are going to  dominate the early portion of it. With out OTAs and a shortened camp it's going to hurt passing teams alot.

Dominate? 5 of our first 6 games are against teams that will likely make the playoffs.