Falcons release LB Deone Bucannon

RaidersAreOne

On 9/8/2020 at 12:29 PM, HoboRocket said:

Imagine having an ILB trio of Devin White, Lavonte David, and Deone Bucannon. That's a really fun group of skill-sets.

Is it really though?  It seems like a lot of overlap to me, but in an awkward way...and with some absolutely huge gaps in other skillsets that are probably important in a LB corps.

I mean, i suppose if you found a way to label Bucannon as a safety, and actually run a 3-4 with 3 Inside LBers and nobody noticed you have an extra dude on the field...that could be a real game-changer.  But other than that...it's a lot of speed, and a few other bits and pieces of skillset here and there, but not much else.

On 9/11/2020 at 9:42 PM, Nabbs4u said:

Is he still injured,  Gimpy still not healthy? Given the crap the Eagles have at the position wouldn't mind them taking a flier. Think we have the Falcons old DB coach who should be familiar with him and his abilities, whatever the positions?

Bucannan just got to Atlanta. If y'all have our old DB coach, he'd have very little experience with Deone.

10 hours ago, scar988 said:
On 9/11/2020 at 9:42 PM, Nabbs4u said:

Is he still injured,  Gimpy still not healthy? Given the crap the Eagles have at the position wouldn't mind them taking a flier. Think we have the Falcons old DB coach who should be familiar with him and his abilities, whatever the positions?

Bucannan just got to Atlanta. If y'all have our old DB coach, he'd have very little experience with Deone.

Apologues, got Buchanon mixed up with Deon Jones. Thought that was who Manuel coached. Makes way more sense now,  couldn't figure out why the hell he was cut. 😎🥃

Edited by Nabbs4u