GDT: Titans (0-0) at Broncos (0-0) MNF

Titans fan 617

3 minutes ago, TitanSS said:

I don't think we tried to hide Tannehill at all. We threw early and often with 43 passing attempts. Tannehill also appeared to have full command of the offense to make audibles at the LOS and run the no-huddle. I just think the tight formations are what we are always going to see because they want to sell that Derrick Henry is the work horse and then hit big plays over the middle. 

in terms of running our offense through tannehill vs henry, this was probably one of the heavier tannehill leans there's been since he got the job imo. usually even when tannehill was balling we were leaning on the run and gashing teams with henry- not so tonight. tannehill wasn't a world-beater or anything but he was efficient, made good decisions outside of that extreme WTF pick that was lucky not to count, and came through when we needed him. getting that tannehill when the running game isn't working too well is a plus, as far as i'm concerned.

2 minutes ago, Mesa_Titan said:

I really don't get how you see it like that. Tannehill looks like he has legit full control of the offense to me. The amount of audibles, and really good audibles at that, were crazy tonight.

Exactly it’s like you made my point though you missed it in away. I’m saying let Tannehill have command of the offense let’s run it through him. Let’s do more up tempo, RPO’s here & there no huddle. He call plays too conservative I think RT can be better than last yr 

1 minute ago, TitanRedd said:

Exactly it’s like you made my point though you missed it in away. I’m saying let Tannehill have command of the offense let’s run it through him. Let’s do more up tempo, RPO’s here & there no huddle. He call plays too conservative I think RT can be better than last yr 

No I think you’re missing it. Tannehill did have more control of the offense tonight. More than last year if you ask me. He threw the ball 43 times. I don’t know how you can hide a QB throwing 43 times. 

1 minute ago, titans0021 said:

That fourth down shovel pass where Simmons blew up Gordon through a blocker was a thing of beauty.

The shovel pass. Yep Simmons shrugged off 2 guys and made a massive play. I think when our Dline get on the same page they are going to wreck stuff.

Simmons is an exceptional talent, we saw some flashes of it last season.

I was glad to see Cory Davis making plays out there. People are counting him out.

Offense looked very good...the plays were there to be made. A few missed opportunities here and there, that happens during the course of a game. Nothing I am too upset about.

Kicking game though was a problem. I want to say its an isolated incident but Vrabel has to stay on top of this. You cant have that we almost lost this game. We went through an entire season of this last year. I'm glad he came through for the game winner but when you add up all the points we left off the board its concerning. Its not just misses its blocks now as well. Need to get that figured out.

Edited by capton_cutclass

6 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

He said all offseason he felt like he was out of breath at the end of a lot of games last year but was going to make sure that wasn’t the case this year

Again Denver is a tough place to play it’s very possible the altitude affected a lot of these guys especially in game number 1

I would tend to believe this is the main reason. Especially in a year with no preseason and an abbreviated training camp.

6 hours ago, titans0021 said:

I mean, we had six scoring drives against a good defense in a very tough place to play. The offense wasn’t really a problem. Not the crazy efficient offense from last season, but that’s a tough ask.

Yeah, agreed.  It looked bad because the kicker was so inept.  He plays competently and we probably have at least seven more points and spend the last drive just eating clock.  23-14 with a clock eating drive at the end doesn't look nearly as bad.

Keep in mind we also had one of our former best players on the other side, who knows the offensive system and players, and was clearly highly motivated to put a hurt on the Titans offense.

7 hours ago, Mesa_Titan said:

No I think you’re missing it. Tannehill did have more control of the offense tonight. More than last year if you ask me. He threw the ball 43 times. I don’t know how you can hide a QB throwing 43 times. 

I mean yes he threw it 43 times but look at his throws look at the routes the WR’s are running nothing but shallow crosses safe throws, like what I’m trying to say push the ball let him sling it. Like how he allowed him vs the chiefs when we beat them in the regular season or vs N.O when Henry was out. That’s my issue