The Raider Appreciation Thread 📈

RaidersAreOne

On 12/20/2021 at 1:56 AM, NYRaider said:

I think it highlights the importance of being patient with young players. People here act like if a guys not a stud, starting caliber player from day one it was a terrible pick. IIRC Koonce was coming off of a serious injury nd Deablo was transitioning into a new position. 

People were saying he was trash after two snaps on the third preseason game(his first football action in the NFL)

Edited by Jeremy408

to be fair, people had that nasty taste of Tanner Muse regarding Deablo. Non first rounders should be getting their feet wet, and not expected to see big role year 1. they should show they can play in either year 1 or by the end of year 2. If it's year 3 and nothing, then you can throw the red flag. 

• Like 1

One thing I've noticed as the season has gone is the improvement in tackling by Moehrig. Can't remember how many times I've seen a long run, and Moehrig safes the touchdown. How many years has it been since we truly had a complete young safety? Along with Hobbs we got two key parts to our secondary this past draft.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

One thing I've noticed as the season has gone is the improvement in tackling by Moehrig. Can't remember how many times I've seen a long run, and Moehrig safes the touchdown. How many years has it been since we truly had a complete young safety? Along with Hobbs we got two key parts to our secondary this past draft.

I've never considered Moehrig's tackling to be an issue this season personally. I know coming out of college that was his main gripe, but I can recall even the early weeks of the season he was making huge tackles as the last line of defence. 

He's going to be such an important building block for this team going forward.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I've never considered Moehrig's tackling to be an issue this season personally. I know coming out of college that was his main gripe, but I can recall even the early weeks of the season he was making huge tackles as the last line of defence. 

He's going to be such an important building block for this team going forward.

💯  He definitely proved me wrong

4 hours ago, OldManWillis said:

Moehrig is such a stud. My favorite free safety coming out in a while. He's already really good.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Moehrig is such a stud. My favorite free safety coming out in a while. He's already really good.

Moehrig, Mullen, and Hobbs are core pieces that we can build around going forward. Hopefully Deablo pans out because if he doesn't we are going to be down bad at LB.

On 12/20/2021 at 10:37 AM, Humble_Beast said:

to be fair, people had that nasty taste of Tanner Muse regarding Deablo. Non first rounders should be getting their feet wet, and not expected to see big role year 1. they should show they can play in either year 1 or by the end of year 2. If it's year 3 and nothing, then you can throw the red flag. 

I mean realistically how many high level players in the NFL were complete non-contributors as rookies? Guys that are talented enough to play at a high level usually see the field sooner rather then later.

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Moehrig, Mullen, and Hobbs are core pieces that we can build around going forward. Hopefully Deablo pans out because if he doesn't we are going to be down bad at LB.

Mullen will be a FA in 2023. Hasn't done enough to suggest he's a core piece going forward. 

CB is a major need for this team still. 

6 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Who was saying that? The Deablo pick was almost universally hated by our fans and the media.

This feels like a false narrative. I literally do not remember any of this. He was projected as a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Went right where he was suppose. Was loved in scouting circles.