The Raider Appreciation Thread πŸ“ˆ

RaidersAreOne

14 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Honestly if players are slacking in practice as a coach you have to call them out. If they don’t change kick them out of practice. Slackers are contagious esp if it’s vets.Β If you can’t control your team you don’t need to be coaching period. I can see deablo calling people out in practice and getting ignored cause he’s a rook.Β 

Oh, absolutely. It just seems strange to me that a rookie would address that in the media and not directly to the coaches history or the coaches should address the media. I think coaches have a right to do that but when a player does it that can lead to animosity. Just makes a mockery of all that 'character' and 'grinder' BS that Gruden (and Mayock) eschewed all the time and went out of their way to acquire over more talented kids.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Oh, absolutely. It just seems strange to me that a rookie would address that in the media and not directly to the coaches history or the coaches should address the media. I think coaches have a right to do that but when a player does it that can lead to animosity. Just makes a mockery of all that 'character' and 'grinder' BS that Gruden (and Mayock) eschewed all the time and went out of their way to acquire over more talented kids.

Heck, to be fair, if I were the new coach, I would bring in Deablo under the cover of darkness and ask him point blank who he's referring to and make my cuts accordingly lol.Β 

7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Meh at a high school or college level I can see the animosity element cause after the season they still will see each other everyday in school. Pros imo you go home after the season and you may or may not see those slackers again till next season.Β 
Β 

I personally think josh was a one of the folders

6 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

I agree, though I'm curious as to your rationale

I think he tapped out after the Washington game personally. First Β Kirby who he was hella close to left thenΒ gruden thenΒ hr3 then drake went down then his baby mama stuff and he’s not really happy with carr continuing to start. Yea I can see him folding.

Edited by NCOUGHMAN
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Deablo looks really good and Koonce has had a sack in each game he’s played in.Β 
Β 

Those picks don’t look as bad as some originally thought

if all 3 of those picks pan out Moehrig, Deablo, Koonce would be amazing... I want to see some Gillespie before the season endsΒ 

8 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

if all 3 of those picks pan out Moehrig, Deablo, Koonce would be amazing... I want to see some Gillespie before the season endsΒ 

Reaffirms my belief that if we trade players, we should only trade them for 2-7th round picks.Β  Never first round picks.Β  Also reaffirms my belief that we should never, ever, ever draft in the first.Β  We should be trading first round picks for as many day two and day three picks we can get every single season Mayock is our GM.

13 hours ago, Jeremy408 said:

Deablo looks really good and Koonce has had a sack in each game he’s played in.Β 
Β 

If I were Mark Davis I would ask what in the draft process is made different in the first round.Β 

You can't tell me that the guys who wanted Arnette are the same who wanted Crosby. There must be made something different in the process.Β 

My hope is that we have guys in the building that have the eye for right talent but Gruden, Mayock, Cable whoever didn't listen to them when it came to picking in the first round.Β 

5 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

If I were Mark Davis I would ask what in the draft process is made different in the first round.Β 

You can't tell me that the guys who wanted Arnette are the same who wanted Crosby. There must be made something different in the process.Β 

My hope is that we have guys in the building that have the eye for right talent but Gruden, Mayock, Cable whoever didn't listen to them when it came to picking in the first round.Β 

Yea the same guy who wanted cle wanted maxx I will say cle looking leaner and better lately

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Yea the same guy who wanted cle wanted maxx I will say cle looking leaner and better lately

I don't know if Mayock really watches tape from all eligible guys in the draft.Β 

He even said in an interview that he got a call from a scout regarding a cb that's way better than they listed him. And then he watched the tape with Bradley and they drafted him.

(This was the interview about the Nate Hobbs pick - maybe I don't remember that correctly)Β 

1 hour ago, Styrian Raider said:

I don't know if Mayock really watches tape from all eligible guys in the draft.Β 

He even said in an interview that he got a call from a scout regarding a cb that's way better than they listed him. And then he watched the tape with Bradley and they drafted him.

(This was the interview about the Nate Hobbs pick - maybe I don't remember that correctly)Β 

I would assume you have scouts to go over game film, if somebody stands out they'll tell the GM.

It's just too many teams and too many hours of video to watch all of it.

On 12/18/2021 at 8:51 PM, Jerry said:

Reaffirms my belief that if we trade players, we should only trade them for 2-7th round picks.Β  Never first round picks.Β  Also reaffirms my belief that we should never, ever, ever draft in the first.Β  We should be trading first round picks for as many day two and day three picks we can get every single season Mayock is our GM.

On 12/18/2021 at 8:02 AM, Jeremy408 said:

Β 

I think it highlights the importance of being patient with young players. People here act like if a guys not a stud, starting caliber player from day one it was a terrible pick. IIRC Koonce was coming off of a serious injury nd Deablo was transitioning into a new position.Β 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Mayock has not been even remotely close to good drafting for us but I think that his biggest down fall has been that he always plays it safe in the first round with guys from big programs. But one thing you do have to give him credit for is that he has identified some sleepers later in the draft.

On 12/18/2021 at 9:37 PM, Styrian Raider said:

As I said above I think his biggest downfall has been reaching for need on guys from big programs with limited physical traits. But his biggest strength as a drafted has been his willingness to take swings on toolsy guys.