The Raider Appreciation Thread πŸ“ˆ

RaidersAreOne

22 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I'm a big fan of what Dave Ziegler has done. If white/butler/farrell pan out, this will be a hell of a draft considering what we gave up for Davante.

Let’s see about the other players, but the fact that their top pick (and in the 3rd round, which has been nothing but shocking for us in forever) seems such a solid 1st team player gives me a real sense of confidence for future drafts.

Imagine the draft where we actually pick players at their rightful spot and the top picks go on to be 1st team contributors? I’m not sure my brain would be able to compute something like that!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Β 

What is really promising too is that we know they are just scratching the surface, there is so much that can feasibly be improved this season alone and we’ve dropped, what three clear TDs and Carr has missed at least two.

Now, not all those misses are going to go your way 100% of the time but once we clean up a few things we should be very good on O consistently. I’m quite optimistic we make these incremental improvements.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

What is really promising too is that we know they are just scratching the surface, there is so much that can feasibly be improved this season alone and we’ve dropped, what three clear TDs and Carr has missed at least two.

Now, not all those misses are going to go your way 100% of the time but once we clean up a few things we should be very good on O consistently. I’m quite optimistic we make these incremental improvements.

Agreed. McDaniels has this running very well and that is extremely impressive given the right side of our OL is a joke (For the love of god start Munford) and two of our top three catching options have missed multiple games.

Keep the O going through Jacobs, mix in White a bit more, target Adams early and often and good things happen.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Β 

Those were the 3 most likely players to do well.Β  No James and Parham are exceeding what we thought they would do but I would like to know the ratings for the other positions.Β  You only need 1 weak link to cause issues on the line.Β  I have already admitted that I am impressed with how well the unit has been playing.Β  I think pass protection can still use some work.

5 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Β 

Kolton Miller to me is the player that never gets hyped up here (unlike some others) but he produces consistently amid all the OLine chaos, I believe he’s a Pro Bowl quality player right now. Controversial selection has actually worked out really well.

Im a believer that you need 3 quality or good players on the OLine and you can get away with the other two being very average (not terrible though). If we can have Miller, James and Parham as good level starters we’ll be fine with guys like Mumford and Bars/random FA vet.

Edited by Darbsk

8 hours ago, drfrey13 said:

Those were the 3 most likely players to do well.Β  No James and Parham are exceeding what we thought they would do but I would like to know the ratings for the other positions.Β  You only need 1 weak link to cause issues on the line.Β  I have already admitted that I am impressed with how well the unit has been playing.Β  I think pass protection can still use some work.

pass protection is doing decent enough so far, but it does seem like when one breaks through, there are mult guys coming.Β 
Obviously some sacks are on Carr, and some are designed blitzsΒ  and what not.Β 
But I swear some plays, within like 2 seconds there are 2 guys at Carr.Β 

The oline is doing its job though, in the offseason I was saying, I think playcalling will help them and so far it has. Unlike gruden when you change up the play calling, the D has to respect the run or pass. No more run up the middle every first and 10.Β 

• Like 2