Video Games News/Buzz thread

thrILL!

2 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Wasn't that a game that came out on the previous Gen? I think I remember playing the second one. Are they remastering it or rebooting?

The original came out on the Xbox 360. They're calling this a "deluxe remaster". Basically, I think almost everything is staying pretty much the same, just improved graphics and supposedly the NPC AI is much improved.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Sony has gone off the rails with this PS5 Pro stuff. Who is paying $700 for the slightest graphics upgrade? Such a bad read. 

Also, PS6 should be expected in about 3 years... 

Developers aren't going to do anything special for the Pro other than maybe a little AI ray-tracing 

25 minutes ago, Heimdallr said:

Developers aren't going to do anything special for the Pro other than maybe a little AI ray-tracing 

Are you kidding? 2 tb. 2 tb. 

1 minute ago, adamq said:

I have a 2tb external drive for the Xbox I picked up off the clearance rack a few years for $40.. they are $85 right now, new

That’s super nuts you can get an external hard drive so cheap for the console that has no games 

33 minutes ago, Ty21 said:

That’s super nuts you can get an external hard drive so cheap for the console that has no games 

My decision was mostly controller based but i do wish i could play Spiderman... it looks like they make em for Playstation too 

This one has some little wolves on it  good luck getting that standard on a ps5 pro

https://www.seagate.com/products/gaming-drives/special-editions/god-of-war-ragnarok/?sku=STLV2000100&utm_campaign=gaming-2025-shopping-global&utm_medium=sem&utm_source=google-shopping&utm_product=gaming-device&utm_use_case=general&prodSrc=gaming-device&use_case=general&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw_4S3BhAAEiwA_64YhjT8Q-OaNtIgltoPROKtGY8kWwn0X4arKiWZeZCcJThKtHHwSdNUxxoCnHEQAvD_BwE

4 hours ago, Heimdallr said:
4 hours ago, titansNvolsR#1 said:

Sony has gone off the rails with this PS5 Pro stuff. Who is paying $700 for the slightest graphics upgrade? Such a bad read. 

Yeah it seems like they are testing the waters on PS6 pricing a bit. They’ve raised prices on the PS5 not lowered them since 2020.

$600 seems like where the 6 might be.

and yeah the rumor is PS6 in 2027, new Xbox in 2026 and then Switch 2 is coming out next year.

2 hours ago, Ty21 said:

That’s every console this gen, especially if you take away multi plats..which are sorta saving the gen at this point.

PS5 has been super weak games wise compared to PS4 and even PS3. Two of their biggest games you could play on PS4. 

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah it seems like they are testing the waters on PS6 pricing a bit. They’ve raised prices on the PS5 not lowered them since 2020.

$600 seems like where the 6 might be.

and yeah the rumor is PS6 in 2027, new Xbox in 2026 and then Switch 2 is coming out next year.

Xbox wants to release hardware in 2026 but they'd have to make a compelling case for it....not sure they have the sauce for that. 

Switch is basically guaranteed to launch by June 1st of 2025, PS6 is likely 2028 right now since sony will wanna give pro owners at least 4 years of a useable console. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xmad said:

Xbox wants to release hardware in 2026 but they'd have to make a compelling case for it....not sure they have the sauce for that. 

Switch is basically guaranteed to launch by June 1st of 2025, PS6 is likely 2028 right now since sony will wanna give pro owners at least 4 years of a useable console. 

Yeah it’s interesting they way they all are going.

Switch 2 will be big, especially if they can get their big exclusives in order. New Animal Crossing, New Mario Cart, whatever Nintendo next gen looks like for Pokémon, etc etc within the first 3 years.

Xbox owns so much now it’s really a matter of what they are making exclusive and what they aren’t. They have like 7-8 games coming out every year now (not including CoD). Gamepass is enticing but if they are all going to PS after 5/6 months like Indiana Jones…it’s a harder sell. The console side of them doing reportedly a top line console like the X is this gen and making the S into a switch/steamdeck clone is interesting. If it’s coming 2026 it’ll be timed with the next Elder Scrolls that year or Fall 2027.

Playstation bet hard on service games this gen and all but Helldivers faltered. But the big games will be there at the end of the gen and start of the next one. Horizon 3, Ghosts 2 should round out the end of the PS5 with Wolverine. Then they’ll all get next gen versions on the PS6. Naughty Dog’s next game, next God of War and the other game from SMS. All should be out by 2029.

You could be right about the Pro and 2028, but nothing about that console seems especially geared towards caring imo. They all would rather just shift to the phone model and get people upgrading sooner. I got the OneX and the PS4 Pro, don’t really see the need for the PS5 pro outside pure enthusiasts. And even then stuff like not guaranteeing higher FPS, not having a disk drive are just odd choices that go against that.

I’ll definitely get the switch 2, especially if they are going to have some of those games out the gate in the first 18 months. Right now I’m kinda just debating switching to PC full time next gen for everything else.

• Like 2

I'll probably upgrade my PC in 2026 rather than buying a new console.  The main reason I got a PS5 was due to the exclusives, but they are putting them on PC now, same with Xbox.  Granted usually a year or so after the game has come out, but I'm okay with waiting.  

With consoles going up every generation in price, PC is far and away the better long-term value IMO.   I spent about $1700-1900 to build my PC back in 2020 and it is still very strong, certainly stronger than my PS5.  Granted I know not everyone can just spend that much money on a whim, but if you can it just makes way more sense to do that than get another console.  

Switch 2 would be the one thing I consider.  You know what you are getting with Nintendo and it is something I can't get on PC.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 2

On 9/12/2024 at 12:10 PM, iknowcool said:

I'll probably upgrade my PC in 2026 rather than buying a new console.  The main reason I got a PS5 was due to the exclusives, but they are putting them on PC now, same with Xbox.  Granted usually a year or so after the game has come out, but I'm okay with waiting.  

With consoles going up every generation in price, PC is far and away the better long-term value IMO.   I spent about $1700-1900 to build my PC back in 2020 and it is still very strong, certainly stronger than my PS5.  Granted I know not everyone can just spend that much money on a whim, but if you can it just makes way more sense to do that than get another console.  

Switch 2 would be the one thing I consider.  You know what you are getting with Nintendo and it is something I can't get on PC.

Same here.

Sony has lost the plot and Microsoft may as well just give up on XBox at this point.      

I really wish Nintendo would release their games on PC too.

But yeah, barring a change, I am probably going to go all out on building a PC in the next couple years and fully transform into a PC Master Race guy.   B|