College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

4 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

I’d rather reach a little on Basham than take Ojulari. Azeez is great at bending the edge, but that’s literally it. He would only be useful on 3rd and long. 

Basham is literally Olivier Vernon in my mind. I think he'd provide the exact same utility in setting the edge and playing the run. If we can keep his weight under control and work on some pass rush moves he'll be a solid opposite Myles for a long time. 

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

No way they’re taking Jones.

I still don't believe it at all. If we get to a Baker-esque place where I can get +400 or better on Fields at #3 I'm gonna drop money on that.

Fields is literally the poster boy (as in, he's the face on all the promo materials) for the Shanahan family QB camp system that the family runs all over the country.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, FGK said:

I still don't believe it at all. If we get to a Baker-esque place where I can get +400 or better on Fields at #3 I'm gonna drop money on that.

Fields is literally the poster boy (as in, he's the face on all the promo materials) for the Shanahan family QB camp system that the family runs all over the country.

Schefty doing his best to help you out.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, shoffma1999 said:

I thought about this too. If I were GM for the Colts I would try to get them to take a 1st in 2022 and then draft Tevin Jenkins and move Braden Smith to RG. Can you imagine an offensive line of Orlando Brown, Quentin Nelson, Ryan Kelly, Braden Smith, and Tevin Jenkins. A toddler could run for 1,500 yards behind that offensive line.

I don’t think the Colts can trade their 2022 1st rounder since the Eagles could get it if Wentz plays well enough

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

Chad Pennington? Mac Jones has a solid arm. It’s not spectacular, but it’s more than sufficient. He has a solid B for arm talent. Let’s not make him out to be a complete and utter joke in that department. 

Pennington had a very solid arm until his shoulder injuries. 

10 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

I wonder how Kyle's experience with rg3 and matty ice will affect his understanding of mac jones and fields

A lot of reports out there say he doesn't prefer mobile QBs. He didn't like RG3 and that's why he pushed for them to draft Cousins. Funny story, Mac Jones is extremely similar to Cousins. His QBs need to be able to move obviously but that system requires the ability to read defenses and throw on time + accuracy.

It's essentially the same offense we run

Edited by AkronsWitness

1 hour ago, AkronsWitness said:

A lot of reports out there say he doesn't prefer mobile QBs. He didn't like RG3 and that's why he pushed for them to draft Cousins. Funny story, Mac Jones is extremely similar to Cousins. His QBs need to be able to move obviously but that system requires the ability to read defenses and throw on time + accuracy.

It's essentially the same offense we run

We truly have no idea how well Jones can read a defense. He is a talented QB who was also surrounded by one of the most talented offenses in the nation. He has one of the biggest ? On him because of that. How good is he really...