College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

This Nakobe Dean is the same class as Roquan Smith.....I'd have to take a REALLY hard look at that one. Dean is a nice player...but Roquan Smith, Darius Lenoard and Devin White are the same level of MLB/ILB coming out, I dont know if dean is that type of prospect.

I do want a WR in round 1...but our BIGGEST address in WR MUST come in Free Agency, there is no Calvin Johnson in this draft...so there is no Rookie I'm ready to go, OK he's the #1. Will have to take mutliple swings at this position group.

This will be reflected in my offesason when I post it. I dont want us to reach for a player with the 13th pick, the way we keep this super talented roster is by NOT reaching for NEED picks on day 1 (or really day 2 of the draft)....I have a feeling that Kyle Hamilton is going to slip to us at 13 (maybe not now that Jameson Williams is going to fall)) but if that Kid is there....we Gotta Take him (I do come back with David Bell Wr Purdue in the 2nd though)

• Like 1

Unless we go absolutely ballistic in FA, like, 2 of the top 10 WR's level crazy, I will assume our pick is WR until proved otherwise.

If we DO go ballistic in FA, I STILL think this FO isn't gonna take a LB top 15. I think they'd go OT, OC, DT, or DE first.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, FGK said:

Unless we go absolutely ballistic in FA, like, 2 of the top 10 WR's level crazy, I will assume our pick is WR until proved otherwise.

If we DO go ballistic in FA, I STILL think this FO isn't gonna take a LB top 15. I think they'd go OT, OC, DT, or DE first.

and QB if they liked a guy 

• Like 1

Ok so to you guys that keep insisting on going WR in the first round, may I ask why?  From everything I’m hearing and reading our WR troupe were open only all the time. Baker just stared at them and **** the bed. I’m completely confused. Sounds like we have a qb issue not a WR issue. 

Am I wrong?

Signed very confused guy

3 hours ago, FGK said:

If we went ballistic in FA at WR I think I’d still consider WR rounds 1 or 2.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Travon Walker fits a mold similar to Myles and Jadeveon. He’s very raw still though. We could get him in round 2 because of it.

In my original draft, he was our 2nd round pick (Draft where we go WR #1 (@13)

I also have a couple sleeper picks at DE kid named Isiah Chambers 6'6 255 (from McNeese St....transfer from Houston)....and Ali Fayed DE Western Mich. 6'2 256

Edited by DaWg_LB.

27 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

In my original draft, he was our 2nd round pick (Draft where we go WR #1 (@13)

Same.

27 minutes ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I also have a couple sleeper picks at DE kid named Isiah Chambers 6'6 255 (from McNeese St....transfer from Houston)....and Ali Fayed DE Western Mich. 6'2 256

So this is just speculation, but I doubt either of these guys are even on their radar.

Chambers is a 6th year grad student and Fayed is a 5th year senior.  Both from small schools/conferences.

This FO has only taken one small school kid and that was Harrison Bryant who was a true senior and the Mackey winner.

Strikes against these guys based on the criteria we’ve seen and know analytics to favor: they’re older, late bloomers, small conference, and lack of production (that I could find anyway, not much info).

LIS, just my opinion and sort of reading the tea leaves, but they’ve been consistent even if it’s a small sample size.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Same.

So this is just speculation, but I doubt either of these guys are even on their radar.

Chambers is a 6th year grad student and Fayed is a 5th year senior.  Both from small schools/conferences.

This FO has only taken one small school kid and that was Harrison Bryant who was a true senior and the Mackey winner.

Strikes against these guys based on the criteria we’ve seen and know analytics to favor: they’re older, late bloomers, small conference, and lack of production (that I could find anyway, not much info).

LIS, just my opinion and sort of reading the tea leaves, but they’ve been consistent even if it’s a small sample size.

Definitely with the kid from Mcneese state......the other kid Ali Fayed finally broke out last year (shortened) and  this year....he was 4th in the NCAA in sacks (had the same sack numbers as Aiden Hutchinson) behind the Monster from Alabama Will Anderson Jr., the kid from Army who's gonna get drafted next year Andre Carter II (6-7 256lbs) (no relation) and Aiden Huntchinson....I really like this kid.....I do have them as UDFA's in my Mock though.

• Like 1

Trey McBride is my favorite name in round 2. The dude is the next big NFL TE, even though he's not physically domineering. He'll get better at blocking over time, but that guy sure knows how to get his hands on a ball. Legitimately perfect for Hooper's role in the offense. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I’d love that, but I could see him being a huge riser with a big combine.

I agree.

Myles and Jadeveon are unicorns, so I don’t expect Walker to put up the same combine numbers.

However, he’s going to do extremely well. He’s not skinny like a twig, but he’s not too big that you have to constantly rotate him. He can be a run defender and pass rusher like our 2 monsters.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bonanza23 said:

Ok so to you guys that keep insisting on going WR in the first round, may I ask why?  From everything I’m hearing and reading our WR troupe were open only all the time. Baker just stared at them and **** the bed. I’m completely confused. Sounds like we have a qb issue not a WR issue. 

Am I wrong?

Signed very confused guy

Hello?  Is this mike on?