College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

9 hours ago, buno67 said:

When it comes to an outside WR. I really want them to address that in FA. I really want Mike Williams. I think that could open up DPJ by getting a legit outside WR to take the task of being covered by the #1 corner. Love Jarvis but he is best as a slot. Now speaking on Jarvis. If he doesn’t restructure his contract, we need to move on. In that case, I would actually  like to see them move back into the first and target Olave. Not just because he is an OSU guy but I think he is going to be a stud slot guy in the NFL. With Williams and DPJ as the outside guys and Olave being the main slot and add Schwartz as the 4 guys, that could be a sneaky good WR group.

still curious about what they do at TE. Hooper needs to be moved post June 1st. I like Njoku but not as a TE one. I wonder if they just move on from Hooper and platoon them group again

1 of the stand outs at the senior bowl that was previously rated was the ucla tight end.

Greg Dulcic

Edited by mtmmike
omittion

3 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I definitely agree with this except the part about reaching for an LB, I think Dean is definitely worth being selected in the upper part of the 1st round 

No doubt....I'm not saying Dean is bad player.....I'm saying I dont think he's a Blue Chipper..he may come in and be solid, but I dont consider him a Levonte David, Darius Lenorad, Owusu-Karomah type of LB.......IMO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

I want either of these two replacing Jarvis in the slot 

I've mocked Wandell to us in one of my Mocks already...if you like Potential, check my 2nd day guys.... the Kid From South Alabama, the tiny kid from Utah St. and Caden Sterns (FS-Broncos from Texas) Little Brother at Western Kentucky....(also look at the Big Kid from Alabama AM 6-7 kid)......sorry I didnt have names, but just coming from memory, I'm working tonight and just stopped in right quick....LOL

• Like 1

18 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I've mocked Wandell to us in one of my Mocks already...if you like Potential, check my 2nd day guys.... the Kid From South Alabama, the tiny kid from Utah St. and Caden Sterns (FS-Broncos from Texas) Little Brother at Western Kentucky....(also look at the Big Kid from Alabama AM 6-7 kid)......sorry I didnt have names, but just coming from memory, I'm working tonight and just stopped in right quick....LOL

His performance in the Bowl game alone is enough for me to drop a 2nd on him. 

Edited by Reginaldm9
  • Like 1

I know this goes against the bpa mantra....but this is how I would be looking for players at certain positions for certain rounds

WR- Rd 1 or 2.....maybe add another later

DT- Rd 2 or 3....also add 1 later

DE/Edge- Rd 3

LB- Rd 3

OT-Rd 4 or 5

TE- Rd 4 or 5

K- Rd 6 or 7

Plenty will depend on the retention of some of our current players (especially Clowney), as well as the health of Conklin.  We will also need to see how FA works out, but this is sort of the way I think that things could/should shake out!

Completed 3 rounds of my first mock of the season. Here's my GM'ing for the Browns..

DRAFT

1. #13 Jermaine Johnson, DE, FSU

2. #44 Travis Jones, DT, UConn

3. # 78 Erik Ezukanma, WR, Texas Tech

(Free Agency target signings) ( *WR Landry released)

DE Jadeveon Clowney

DT D.J. Jones

LB Anthony Walker

WR Christian Kirk

TE David Njoku

WR Kalif Raymond

WR Cam Sims

• Like 1

5 hours ago, BrownLeader said:

Completed 3 rounds of my first mock of the season. Here's my GM'ing for the Browns..

DRAFT

1. #13 Jermaine Johnson, DE, FSU

2. #44 Travis Jones, DT, UConn

3. # 78 Erik Ezukanma, WR, Texas Tech

(Free Agency target signings) ( *WR Landry released)

DE Jadeveon Clowney

DT D.J. Jones

LB Anthony Walker

WR Christian Kirk

TE David Njoku

WR Kalif Raymond

WR Cam Sims

Christian Kirk seems like a mid tier 2nd wr to me. He pops a little but isnt consistent. How much do you think we pay him?

23 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Christian Kirk seems like a mid tier 2nd wr to me. He pops a little but isnt consistent. How much do you think we pay him?

He absolutely is. But the draw for him in Cleveland would be the targets he'd get as a potential #1 guy. He'd probably be in the 6m per year range similar to Sammy Watkins, Emmanuel Sanders, Kendrick Bourne..much less than Landry.

The situation on the FA WR front I'll wager is pretty toxic after what went down with Baker and OBJ...and Landry clearly fed up. The Browns might even have to trade for a talent instead of try to get someone quality in FA.

On 2/12/2022 at 2:56 PM, BrownLeader said:

The situation on the FA WR front I'll wager is pretty toxic after what went down with Baker and OBJ...and Landry clearly fed up. The Browns might even have to trade for a talent instead of try to get someone quality in FA.

That’s why I had the Ridley trade in my mock. Not FA WR is willing going to want to come here unless we overpay significantly. Plus two of the top guys are coming back from ACLs and may not be expected to be ready week 1.