MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Nothing wrong with Chief fans, but boy did Mahomes bring out all the obnoxious 12 year old bandwaggon fans all over the country lol. Cam Newton did the same in 2015, and Stephen Curry in 2015-2017. And I'm a Warrior fan.

aside from ryan tannehill of course, the best thing about the titans moving on from mariota was jettisoning all the crazed oregon fanboys who had latched on lol

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Archimedes said:

Yes, and Derek Carr did the same thing with the Raiders in 2016, lol. As long as there are great players, they’ll attract bandwagoners, just the nature of the beast.

I disagree with that actually. It's a fun style of play that attracts kids/youth, that's certainly not Carr. Mahomes, Newton (at the time), and Curry make 8-13 year olds all giddy with their short attention spans.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I disagree with that actually. It's a fun style of play that attracts kids/youth, that's certainly not Carr. Mahomes, Newton (at the time), and Curry make 8-13 year olds all giddy with their short attention spans.

Dude, Carr-mania was big that year. He was pulling out close games and 4th Q comebacks all over the place. As a normal Raiders fan, you probably didn’t notice it as much, but there where people trying to give him the MVP even as Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers were both having much better years (Carr was playing well that year, but those two were both much more deserving MVPs). You also had people talking about the Raiders possibly knocking off NE that year.

I remember it vividly because that was the Chiefs best season in the Alex Smith era, but they took a backseat to Carr and the Raiders in the spotlight, even as they swept them.

20 hours ago, Pugger said:

Exactly what WR in that draft when the Packers were picking, even with that move up, should GB had taken instead that would have been this legit weapon you speak of?  Tee Higgins?  Michael Pickman?   Would you consider these 2 WRs a good draft value at #26?  All the other WRs with a 1st round grade were gone by then.

It may have been considered a reach but at the sametime Rodgers needed more weapons to help out Adams who is a beast. Tee Higgins has been playing fairly well, another option would have been Chase Claypool as he is a wr/te hybrid. I get the potential of what Love could bring in the future but you have a stud qb and barely any team drafts a qb in the 1st rd with them sitting multiple years like back in the day when Rodgers was drafted the 2013 CBA changed all of that. You paid Rodgers the money in an extension let him play it out and then worry about it down the road now if you play Rodgers through his contract Love will only have 1 year left on his rookie contract to me its just a waste imo. These guys obviously know more but it would be scary to think if he had 1 of the two I mention along with Adams they could possibly be in a better position offensively then they already are. 

14 hours ago, Archimedes said:

Dude, Carr-mania was big that year. He was pulling out close games and 4th Q comebacks all over the place. As a normal Raiders fan, you probably didn’t notice it as much, but there where people trying to give him the MVP even as Matt Ryan and Aaron Rodgers were both having much better years (Carr was playing well that year, but those two were both much more deserving MVPs). You also had people talking about the Raiders possibly knocking off NE that year.

I remember it vividly because that was the Chiefs best season in the Alex Smith era, but they took a backseat to Carr and the Raiders in the spotlight, even as they swept them.

I'm not sure if it's anywhere near where Mahomes is. Mahomes looks like a video game out there... That's bound to draw some irrational eyes.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Well, this game might mess with Aaron's MVP chances. Only 66 yards passing up 21-3 at half. 

Passing yards are much less important than total TD’s, passing TD’s, rushing TD’s, INT’s, TD-INT Ratio, and YPA when it comes to this award. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Passing yards are much less important than total TD’s, passing TD’s, rushing TD’s, INT’s, TD-INT Ratio, and YPA when it comes to this award. 

Oh I know but his bulk numbers will take a bit along with his Y/A and AY/A after that half. 20 attempts that landed 99 yards is gonna put a hit on his overall numbers. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

Oh I know but his bulk numbers will take a bit along with his Y/A and AY/A after that half. 20 attempts that landed 99 yards is gonna put a hit on his overall numbers. 

Yeah, falling to below 8 YPA would certainly hurt him. We still have to see Mahomes against New Orleans though, which is a Top 4 Defense currently. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Yeah, falling to below 8 YPA would certainly hurt him. We still have to see Mahomes against New Orleans though, which is a Top 4 Defense currently. 

lol true and I'm rooting for Mahomes to have a game vs NO. It's either MVP or HFA and I think I'd rather have HFA this year.

• Like 1