MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

On 12/23/2020 at 7:14 PM, candyman93 said:

I honestly don’t follow the Packers, but do they still have a weak WR core?

If so, it makes Rodgers even more impressive.

I know this is going to sound dumb because we have Davante Adams and 31 other teams don't, and that's unfortunate...

But outside of Adams, I think they basically suck. They all have qualities that are intriguing, and you understand what they COULD be, but are ultimately very flawed. Lazard has good(ish) hands but doesn't bring much more to the table as a receiver. He's really more of a serviceable 3rd/4th possession receiver. MVS is a straight up scratch-off ticket, with the same odds. Every once in awhile you go, "Oh yay, cool", but usually it's just "ah son of a *****". ESB is....I dunno, whatever, pretty crappy.

I think on thing Rodgers deserves credit for, is that no matter what he may think in his head, or no matter what he might scream at coach MLF, or GM Gute., I can't remember hearing him every saying anything besides positive things about those guys to the media, and pumping their tires, and talking about how much faith he has in them. I think he really has, especially this season, committed to getting everything he can out of them.

Rodgers's lack of good receiving options absolutely is a notch in his favor.

2 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I assume Mahomes is not going to play next week, so it's basically in Rodgers's hands unless he absolutely screws himself over next week. Like, if he has a game against Chicago like he did against Tampa, that's about all that could flip it.

Yeah if Mahomes doesn’t play, the only way Rodgers might lose if he has a 0 TD 3 INT loss or something. 

Or if Josh Allen goes ham and has like 10 TDs these next two games (not even sure that’d be enough). 

I gotta put some thought into it. 

Only way ARod loses the MVP now is if he falls flat on his face next week.   Otherwise it’s his.   Stretch run as white hot as he’s been and GB coming to get the 1 seed, Mahomes finishes 2nd.   Allen finishes 3rd.  

Rooting for Russell Wilson to get 1 misguided homer vote so we don’t have to hear about this next year lol.   

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 1

Rodgers pretty much sealed it at this point imo. Mahomes had his two worst games of the year in the last three weeks while Rodgers had 5 games in the last 6 weeks with 3 or more TD's and a  110 or higher passer rating. And he just beat Derrick Henry's team which removed any darkhorse spoiler event. 

2 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Rodgers pretty much sealed it at this point imo. Mahomes had his two worst games of the year in the last three weeks while Rodgers had 5 games in the last 6 weeks with 3 or more TD's and a  110 or higher passer rating. And he just beat Derrick Henry's team which removed any darkhorse spoiler event. 

It would take something really bizarre happening to change it at this point. Like something you can't reasonably foresee or predict (you know, like the dude halfway through who said if Rivers throws 4 TDs and 0 interceptions every game the rest of the way, he could be the MVP, because "you just never know", ha!).

I think its close right now (edge to Rodgers)

Mahomes might not even play on Sunday (or just play a series or two)

If Rodgers plays well, wins, and they get the 1 seed then that offsets the 14-1 vs 12-3 comparison a bit if they both earn the bye.

I still think Mahomes holds the intangibles (SoV and such) but Rodgers can build on his statistical lead to counter that in a few voters minds.

Its going to be a split vote either way, but Rodgers probably gets the award.

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

May I ask why? I think Mahomes still has a chance to win but right now Rodgers season is clearly the better one. 

I prefer his combination of aggressiveness and efficiency. Played tougher defenses. Never looked nearly as bad as Rodgers has against Tampa. Also while it’s just not about Mahomes, the Chiefs passing offense gets defended like no other passing attack  in the league. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

I prefer his combination of aggressiveness and efficiency. Played tougher defenses. Never looked nearly as bad as Rodgers has against Tampa. Also while it’s just not about Mahomes, the Chiefs passing offense gets defended like no other passing attack  in the league. 

Well, I don’t really think styles decide MVP awards, but I get what you’re saying. 

The award is for production (like any award) and Rodgers trumps Mahomes in literally every category except yards. Which is the least important stat, especially for an MVP award which values efficiency.

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Well, I don’t really think styles decide MVP awards, but I get what you’re saying. 

The award is for production (like any award) and Rodgers trumps Mahomes in literally every category except yards. Which is the least important stat, especially for an MVP award which values efficiency.

Depends on what stats you base it on. The basic and standard stats Rodgers edges it. Advanced metrics Mahomes edges it from what I’ve seen. 

• Like 1