MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

@DannyB

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=589059

I probably put 250+ hours into that. Made before the 2017 season. 

‘84 Marino’s Season was amazing, and a lot of casual fans gold standard (not that I’m calling you casual, you may have done your own research, and your own opinion says ‘84 Marino). However, when you dig deep and really analyze, there’s quite a few seasons above it. 

First of all I can't believe how outdated the old forum looks even just a few years later.

2nd, I still feel like you didn't appropriately take context of era played into your rankings. Peyton '13 as #4?? *hocks loogie and spits*

Casual fan or not, Marino in '84 is the most impressive. Putting up numbers in a MUCH harder defensive era that would still be good a full two or three generations later.

I think your final rankings will be the results. But i do want to bring something up. Rogers is having an great season but over the last probably 10 years every year we are talking about a QB being the best at one thing or another. Its become the norm to see the best QBR, the best completion %, another 5000 yard season, 45+ TD's. Its not normal to see a season like Henry, its happened 8 times in the history of the NFL. Rogers is having an incredible season but its normal for QBs recently, we expect a QB to play at that level every year. We don't expect RBs to have seasons like Henry had this year. 

14 minutes ago, DannyB said:

First of all I can't believe how outdated the old forum looks even just a few years later.

2nd, I still feel like you didn't appropriately take context of era played into your rankings. Peyton '13 as #4?? *hocks loogie and spits*

Casual fan or not, Marino in '84 is the most impressive. Putting up numbers in a MUCH harder defensive era that would still be good a full two or three generations later.

I factored everything in. If I didn’t, Marino would be lower than that. As time passes, more seasons come along. 

And I’m assuming you want ‘13 Manning lower on the list? I mean he did throw 55 TDs, shatter the TD record, and probably a Top 2-3 Offense in NFL History. 

At least I didn’t have him as #1 like a lot of people do. 

2011 Rodgers and 2004 Manning are definitely the best QB seasons ever. 2004 Manning for example, greatest QB DVOA in history. #2 doesn’t come close. Manning was able to accomplish what he did in way less passes than most QB’s. His adjusted numbers according to football outsiders was 5700 yards and 61 TDs. 

But back to the original point, 2020 Aaron Rodgers, regardless of where you rank it, will go down as one of the greatest QB seasons ever assembled, and he deserves a unanimous MVP vote over Henry and Mahomes. 

Edited by BayRaider

9 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

I think your final rankings will be the results. But i do want to bring something up. Rogers is having an great season but over the last probably 10 years every year we are talking about a QB being the best at one thing or another. Its become the norm to see the best QBR, the best completion %, another 5000 yard season, 45+ TD's. Its not normal to see a season like Henry, its happened 8 times in the history of the NFL. Rogers is having an incredible season but its normal for QBs recently, we expect a QB to play at that level every year. We don't expect RBs to have seasons like Henry had this year. 

Not taking anything away from Henry's stellar season, but, Rodgers just had arguably the best season ever by a QB...

2 minutes ago, ReadyToThump said:

Not taking anything away from Henry's stellar season, but, Rodgers just had arguably the best season ever by a QB...

I agree. But the point I'm making is every single person on this forum is expecting a QB to play at that level every year. I doubt there is more then 5% of the forum that expects a RB to have another season like Henry in the next decade. It's just the times we play in now. Not taking anything away from Rogers either but we just come to expect at least one QB to put up numbers like him every year. It's more of a surprise when it doesn't happen. 

2 minutes ago, lovetitans said:

I agree. But the point I'm making is every single person on this forum is expecting a QB to play at that level every year. I doubt there is more then 5% of the forum that expects a RB to have another season like Henry in the next decade. It's just the times we play in now. Not taking anything away from Rogers either but we just come to expect at least one QB to put up numbers like him every year. It's more of a surprise when it doesn't happen. 

No one is expecting 2018 Mahomes or 2020 Rodgers every year. They are probably both Top 5-6 QB seasons in the history of the sport. 

If another QB season like this happens next year, then I will say you were right. 

3 hours ago, Kirill said:

He reminds me a lot of Steph Curry from the standpoint of guys around the league hating him because he's just too naturally talented and good of a dude to not hate if you're actually being honest with yourself. 

Just to be clear here, we are talking about Patrick mahomes - one of the most universally liked people in the entire sport (hence the silly money marketing deals) and one of the average neutrals absolute favourites to watch? 

That is the same Patrick Mahomes you are trying to claim is hated around the league? 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Billy86 said:

Just to be clear here, we are talking about Patrick mahomes - one of the most universally liked people in the entire sport (hence the silly money marketing deals) and one of the average neutrals absolute favourites to watch? 

That is the same Patrick Mahomes you are trying to claim is hated around the league? 

If stupid statements bother you, then I recommend sitting down and cracking a beer, because that is nothing compared to what he's capable of.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Billy86 said:

posterized slam dunk GIF by SLAMBALL on GIPHY

• Like 1