MVP Watch FINAL RANKINGS (Version 17.0)

BayRaider

Rodgers getting it makes sense.

Just makes me sad for Henry. First back to back rushing leader in over a decade, and one of only 8 RBs to rush for 2000 yards.

Kinda shows that a RB can’t really be MVP anymore. I don’t know how much more you can ask from one.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Just makes me sad for Henry. First back to back rushing leader in over a decade, and one of only 8 RBs to rush for 2000 yards.

Kinda shows that a RB can’t really be MVP anymore. I don’t know how much more you can ask from one.

Any other year and id think Henry definitely deserves it... but there are 3 QBs that put up MVP type seasons. Gotta just goes to show how bad defenses have been this year without OTA, Preseason, and Mini camps. Hell the Bills defense is just starting to round in last years shape.

Rodgers definitely deserves it but honestly, so does Henry. He had the 5th best season ever in terms of rushing yards, this at a time when the passing game dominates. He also accounted for 1 out of every 3 yards from scrimmage (more than any other non-QB) for a Titans team that was tied for 2nd in yards and 4th (and nearly tied for 3rd) in points. I think there's a good case for co-MVP.

7 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Any other year and id think Henry definitely deserves it... but there are 3 QBs that put up MVP type seasons. Gotta just goes to show how bad defenses have been this year without OTA, Preseason, and Mini camps. Hell the Bills defense is just starting to round in last years shape.

You’re right about defenses losing out from no offseason, but I think, more than anything else, how rule changes have just made it easier on QBs than it ever has been.

36 minutes ago, Daniel said:

If Henry had this season back in 2017 (the year Brady won it with only “solid” numbers after Wentz got hurt) he definitely would’ve gotten MVP.

in 2020... Aaron Rodgers led the NFL in…

– Completion percentage: 70.7
– Touchdown passes: 48
– Touchdown percentage: 9.1
– Interception percentage: 0.95
– Passer rating: 121.5
– QBR: 84.4
– Total touchdowns: 51
– Adjusted yards per attempt: 9.6
– Adjusted net yards per attempt: 8.89
– Pro Football Focus grade: 94.5
– Play-action touchdown passes: 21
– Play-action passer rating: 138.1
– Passer rating when kept clean: 129.7
– Passer rating when attempting under 2.5 seconds: 127.7
– Passer rating when attempting over 2.5 seconds: 114.0

Also, the Packers offense finished first in scoring (509 points, 31.8 points per game), first in giveaways (11), first in points per drive (2.99), first in time of possession per drive (3:13), first in total touchdowns (66) and first in red-zone scoring percentage (80.0).

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

If Lamar's last year was unanimous, I would agree this year it should be, too. However, last year nobody was even close to Lamar, whereas this year I feel like people will still vote for Mahomes despite Rodgers being objectively better.

Mahomes shouldn't get any votes, he was objectively worse (significantly) and everything expect bulk yardage. If anything, I could see Henry sneaking a contrarian vote or two because of the 2k season.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Henry should be OPOY.

41 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Mahomes shouldn't get any votes, he was objectively worse (significantly) and everything expect bulk yardage. If anything, I could see Henry sneaking a contrarian vote or two because of the 2k season.

Mahomes will get a couple votes because his team went 14-1 (when they played) and they are the consensus "best" team. Part of the reason that Manning won MVP over Brees in that one season everyone like to complain about is because they won all 14 games Peyton played and Brees "only" went 13-3. Henry will get a couple because 2000 yards, monster highlights, presence and a dominant offense that carried a bad defense.

I agree Rodgers is the clear answer, and its going to be a very wide margin, but it's hard to get unanimous, if you give voters any chance to be edgy and different.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Mahomes would runaway with the award if the voters had to watch every game. I've never seen a team with this bad of an offensive line win this many games.

That being said Rodgers lit it up without his LT last night and I was watching, he looked very impressive. Its just annoying how all season long these pundits talk about everyone but Mahomes when they talk about the MVP trophy, like he doesn't even exist when he's the GOAT of the sport at his age. People hate this kid just because he's so great. Kind of reminds me of Steph Curry. It is what it is.

Edited by Kirill

In some years Henry's season may have been good enough for the MVP, but 2000 yards hardly makes for an automatic MVP. Before AD (in a weak QB year), the previous two 2k rushers didn't get MVP. Nor did Dickerson, who still holds the single season rushing record (hell he didn't even get OPOY).

If you look at history, Henry won't get the MVP, but almost certainly will get OPOY.