GDT: vs. Falcons - 09/20 @ 1:00pm -- Home Opener

Texas_OutLaw7

18 minutes ago, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I seem to be the only one in this camp, but I think people are being entirely too harsh on the Falcons.

This was a brilliant kick. It is spinning fast, and it doesn't look like it will make it the full 10 yards until the last second. If a Falcon tries to fall on it at 8 yards but it squirts out because of the spin, they'd be getting crucified because "it wasn't going to go 10 yards!"

This put so much pressure on the receiving team, especially when you consider that it was the first time ever seeing an onside kick like this. So smart, and an absolutely perfect kick by Legatron. Credit goes to Dallas on this.

But I do have one question... what are Armstrong and March doing?! Thank god for Goodwin, because it didn't look like our other players wanted to recover the ball.

At worse Armstrong and March should have been blocking out the other falcons.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, buddy_z34 said:

So I rewatched the game. If it wasnt for the Falcons having the ball with excellent field position about 50% of their drives the Dallas defense in the 2md half did ok. That's 2 weeks in a row where Nolan has made some decent adjustments. 

I just watched it for first time.  For having all those injuries Dallas defense played really well.  Atlanta left a ton of points off the board with field goals on short fields instead of tds.

I think Julio playing on one leg made a large difference though.  The defense with all the missing players has to be a huge concern.  They are sub par talent wise right now.  

Offense is still stacked though like everyone thought it was going to be.  First quarter fumbles were just really good punches.  If  O line gets healthy O will be Uber scary.

That was a weird game.  

On 9/21/2020 at 1:23 PM, Nextyearfordaboyz said:

I seem to be the only one in this camp, but I think people are being entirely too harsh on the Falcons.

This was a brilliant kick. It is spinning fast, and it doesn't look like it will make it the full 10 yards until the last second. If a Falcon tries to fall on it at 8 yards but it squirts out because of the spin, they'd be getting crucified because "it wasn't going to go 10 yards!"

This put so much pressure on the receiving team, especially when you consider that it was the first time ever seeing an onside kick like this. So smart, and an absolutely perfect kick by Legatron. Credit goes to Dallas on this.

But I do have one question... what are Armstrong and March doing?! Thank god for Goodwin, because it didn't look like our other players wanted to recover the ball.

After a few days to reflect,, I am thinking the same thing.  That was an unorthodox, difficult kick to handle.  I wonder if we will see other teams try it?

Edited by Northland

I rewatched my DVR recording.   I was really happy with the play calling. There seemed to be effort made to get the back out quickly.  I also seem to remember a lot of play action To try and get the ball deep. The play of Shultz was huge. I also saw that the refs didn’t make some holding calls on us that could have been made and were made in the past.  I was bummed by the Dak fumble 1 sec more and he should have made the pass to a wide open WR he was looking right at, maybe waiting a sec too long to throw but the fumble was a stupid play Dak trying a shovel pass after being hit.  It is something that a lot of QB will try but yo do it early in the game is just not being smart