Tank for Trevor?

rf54

2 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

The Vikes ownership has shown no willingness to make changes. They’ve mostly become content with mediocrity and a playoff trip every other year. That’s good enough for probably 80% of the leagues owners, why would the Wilfs behave any differently. They got their expensive facility financed and a loyal fan base. There isn’t interest in the NFL right now, but I’m confident that when stadiums do open up again, fans will return in waves. I don’t think you can create optimism and hope for a team that has Kirk Cousins under Center if I’m being honest.

Yeah their fan base is near toxic levels. The reaction of Vikings Twitter when Diggs was traded, even with the Minnesota Miracle play, was ugly. They straight gave him the middle finger and talked about how trash Josh Allen was compared to Cousins.

1 minute ago, twslhs20 said:

Yeah their fan base is near toxic levels. The reaction of Vikings Twitter when Diggs was traded, even with the Minnesota Miracle play, was ugly. They straight gave him the middle finger and talked about how trash Josh Allen was compared to Cousins.

Diggs quit on the team and gave them the middle finger. Were fans supposed to give him a hearty handshake? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

Sure 

I personally believe it's revisionist history to view it any other way.  Bevell had more control of the offense in 2008, which allowed Childress...most of the time, to stay out of his way and cause issues...and 2009 was all Favre, practically rebelling against Childress.

Just now, swede700 said:

I personally believe it's revisionist history to view it any other way.  Bevell had more control of the offense in 2008, which allowed Childress...most of the time, to stay out of his way and cause issues...and 2009 was all Favre, practically rebelling against Childress.

Childress was still in charge of the team and leading them. Bad coaches don’t win. 

Childress may not have been the reason they won, but they didn’t win despite him. 

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Diggs quit on the team and gave them the middle finger. Were fans supposed to give him a hearty handshake? 

He knew how bad Cousins was, and called it for what it was. The guy just got paid. All he cared about was winning. Now his team is 2-0 and we're 0-2. I doubt we would even give the Bills a decent game

2 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Childress was still in charge of the team and leading them. Bad coaches don’t win. 

Childress may not have been the reason they won, but they didn’t win despite him. 

Bad coaches don't win? Adam Gase should be sending Manning a percentage of his salary for the career he gave him.

Even exceptionally bad coaches can win in certain situations.

1 minute ago, twslhs20 said:

He knew how bad Cousins was, and called it for what it was. The guy just got paid. All he cared about was winning. Now his team is 2-0 and we're 0-2. I doubt we would even give the Bills a decent game

And none of that has anything to do with fan reaction for him quitting on the team. 

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

Gase was Manning’s OC, not the head coach. 

Yes. They were running Gase's system. Which is trash, because he is a trash coach. OC/HC or otherwise.

Same thing for Ken Whisenhunt and Kurt Warner in 08 if you want to talk strictly Head Coaches.

3 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

What are you talking about? Diggs forced his way out. He quit on the team. The reason doesn’t matter. Why would you think fans would wish him all the best?

Maybe because Minnesota fans, for the most part, were not known for being human pieces of garbage? But that seems to have regressed from the mean in recent years.