Tank for Trevor?

rf54

4 hours ago, wcblack34 said:

I’d trade a 4th round pick for Dwayne Haskins and let him sit behind Kirk for a year. I’d still look at drafting a QB high this year too. Keep 3 QBs next year and let Kirk know he’s playing to not get cut after next season. 

It'd be tempting but ever since his benching, I've been hearing a lot of chatter about his work ethic and that he doesn't put in the work to improve.

Not something I want to hear about a QB.

Per Carpenter: "Inside the team’s practice facility, momentum for the move had been growing, a person with knowledge of the situation said, in part because Haskins had fallen into poor study and practice habits. The person said Haskins’ lack of preparation was hurting him in games, leading to overthrown passes and missed opportunities to hit open receivers." 

https://www.si.com/nfl/washingtonfootball/news/haskins-didnt-work-hard-enough

Yuck.....

On 9/14/2020 at 10:48 PM, rf54 said:

posted this on another board;

With 15 draft picks they can go very young and get those young players some NFL experience.  You can identify who is worth keeping going forward.  

With Hunter ailing you can take your time bringing him back and build your defense around him and Kendricks going forward.

Get Dye on the field at LB, get him experience and see what potential he has, Wilson looked terrible and will never be more than a back up and spot player.  

Harris is over 30 and on a 1 year franchise deal so his departure frees up $12M = Cap savings $$$.

Reiff is very likely in his last year so lets get Cleveland in there now, Reiff gone at the end of the year = more Cap savings $$$.  Get Samia and Uda on the field and get them playing time, they certainly cannot be much worse than the current guards...

Get Jefferson and Irv more playing time, Rudy is likely gone next year moving forward = more Cap savings $$$.

With very young CBs you will be lucky to be able to stop top QBs from throwing on the Vikings D, even more so with a poor pass rush.  

With the Pandemic this year, it offers a great opportunity to totally flip the roster in what will most probably be an asterisk year.  The NFL seems to be a league where you need a Top QB on a Rookie deal to have a real shot at the Championship.

[removed]

Will being really bad suck?  off course but I can't think of a better year to do it and get one of the best pro prospects in years.  The Vikings could be back in the payoffs as contenders in 2 years.

been saying this since April

• Like 1

On 10/14/2020 at 3:19 AM, SemperFeist said:

I’d rather sign Josh Rosen off of Tampa’s practice squad. 

With the way Cousins is playing this year. I’m all for replacing him ASAP. He is not the only problem on this team, but he plays the most important position, and we can’t have our QB turn it over the way he has this year. Cousins needs everything around him to be perfect, in order for him to be good. We need a QB that can go out and win us games. Cousins is not that guy. I know our defense is not as good as it’s been, but with a better QB who can extend drives, our defense will be able to get more rest and that’ll allow them to play better. With all this said, I hope we have a new QB next year. Kyle Trask in the 3rd round would be perfect. 

Edited by Purplepride323
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, rf54 said:

good lord why?

Agreed, mind you if Cousins goes down one has to deal with Sean Mannion so he is not much better obviously.  But long term yeah **** Josh Rosen.  We want another stuck up QB that poorly communicates with his teammates, get someone even less mobile than Kirk Cousins who is less accurate and has less charisma than Cousins has?  Ummm how about no.

6 teams are 1-5

2 teams are 1-4

1 team is 0-5

Is this the worst season in NFL history, crazy how many bad teams their are with awful records.  Shows a lot about a team and their character when they do not have fans to help them at home games, that is for sure.  Vikings are obviously a different organization without the home crowd behind them rocking and rolling.

Trevor Lawrence looked great again on the weekend, but Jets sure do look pretty bad so will be hard to beat them out for the 1st pick.  But Tyler Johnson caught his first NFL TD, Winfield almost got a INT and Rodgers threw basically two INTs for TDs in that game, and they are getting their butt kicked so not a totally bad day in the NFL.

2 minutes ago, Vikes_Bolts1228 said:

So you're hinting that we need to draft Tanner Morgan?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

No, just saying it is a great day even with the Vikings losing because the Packers are getting their butt kicked and a few Gophers are doing well against them and Winfield Jr is a potential super star safety which is honestly not a huge surprise.  Morgan should not declare for this 2021 draft honestly, not sure he is even better than a Kyle Trask is or Brady White but will see how he looks next Saturday.   

Tanner Morgan is not an elite QB talent which is what the Vikings need, but he is arguably a better teammate and better communicator and motivator than Kirk Cousins has been recently.  Kirk just needs to be one of the guys and based on how he behaves and acts on the sidelines he is simply not one of the guys.  Was a great leader on Michigan State, competitive tough kid but with that massive contract in the NFL, I think that has isolated him a little good or bad.  Hard to not be resentful towards him when he gets paid that much and plays that poorly.