What movie are you watching?

Forge

Those sly bastards at Pixar have done it again.  Took the family to see Coco, and it was great.  An incredible amount of heart, some genuinely funny comedic bits, and a very good plot.  Went in with low expectations based on the trailers, and loved it.  Here's my Pixar ranks as of today.

1. Finding Nemo
  2. Toy Story
  3. Inside Out
  4. Wall-E
  5. Coco
  6. Monsters Inc
  7. Toy Story 3
  8. The Incredibles
  9. Up
  10. Toy Story 2
  11. Cars
  12. Ratatouille
  13. Cars 3
  14. Brave
  15. Monsters University
  16. Cars 2
  17. Finding Dory
  18. A Bug's Life
  19. The Good Dinosaur
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, devils1854 said:

What did you think about 9/11?

It was a tragedy......We lost 19 of our best men.

That was such a good movie(The Big Sick).

I honestly didnt know exactly what the movie was about, and that definitely helped when the story started to unfold. Very original. One of the best of the year. 

On 11/11/2017 at 10:35 PM, RamRod said:

It Comes at Night wasn't terrible but I can see why it was loathed by so many people. The marketing and even the title is misleading. I can bet a lot of people who saw were it were like "ooh a new horror movie is out" and went in expecting your typical horror movie and when the movie was something else entirely those people ended up hating it.

*It Comes at Night - SPOILER ALERT*

Agree, it was a marketing bait & switch.  Decent little movie, but not epic by any means.  Sort of like one small corner of the zombie apocalypse  - without the zombies.

Three Billboards

-Is close to a masterpiece. Use any overused phrase and it fits this movie. It truly is a tour de force.McDormand give us the best female performance in maybe a decade or more. Sam Rockwell will probably win his first Oscar, and deservedly so. Its going to be very hard to find a movie better than this one in 2017.

Wind River

-I was a little disappointed in this. I knew it was Sheridan's first work behind the camera, but he had just recently written Sicario and Hell or High Water. Jeremy Renner gave one of the best performances of his career, and the movie was enjoyable. It just needed a lot of work in the editing room and no character was given any characterization other than Renner.

Top 5 of the year before the Oscar season really kicks off

1. Three Billboards outside Ebbing, MO
  2. A Ghost Story
  3. The Big Sick
  4. It
  5. Wind River
Edited by devils1854

I say Three Billboards, and while there are some plot holes, the movie itself is held up by simply amazing acting. The primary trio (McDormand, Rockwell, Woody) are simply phenomenal. I think McDormand probably gives the best female performance I have see this year. Both McDormand and Rockwell should be up for Oscars IMO. They have been perennially underrated talents for years, especially Sam, and they need to get some recognition. Rockwell was born to be in movies, every moment he is on screen makes a movie better. I seriously love that man. He is one of the few that can be borderline slapstick without coming off as forced or over-the-top. And his ability to oscilate between comedy and rage is so impressive.

Again, there was some stuff in the writing that I disliked, mostly loose ends and holes, but it was propelled by excellent performances (Except Woodies Australian wife, dear god she must have been like the wife of one of the producers or something, so bad).

43 minutes ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

I say Three Billboards, and while there are some plot holes, the movie itself is held up by simply amazing acting. The primary trio (McDormand, Rockwell, Woody) are simply phenomenal. I think McDormand probably gives the best female performance I have see this year. Both McDormand and Rockwell should be up for Oscars IMO. They have been perennially underrated talents for years, especially Sam, and they need to get some recognition. Rockwell was born to be in movies, every moment he is on screen makes a movie better. I seriously love that man. He is one of the few that can be borderline slapstick without coming off as forced or over-the-top. And his ability to oscilate between comedy and rage is so impressive.

Again, there was some stuff in the writing that I disliked, mostly loose ends and holes, but it was propelled by excellent performances (Except Woodies Australian wife, dear god she must have been like the wife of one of the producers or something, so bad).

That accent was horrible. Abby Cornish is Australian and I have no clue what they were going for. At times, it seemed like she was trying to do a southern accent. At other times, she was using her normal voice. It was bad.

On 11/24/2017 at 10:47 AM, devils1854 said:

That was such a good movie(The Big Sick).

I honestly didnt know exactly what the movie was about, and that definitely helped when the story started to unfold. Very original. One of the best of the year. 

Watched this last night, I absolutely loved it.  Most of the conversations between Kumail and Ray Romano had me dying.