What movie are you watching?

Forge

814odoGaEdL._AC_UF350,350_QL50_.jpg

saw stalker at one of the local arthouse theaters after i'd been coincidently planning on watching it anyway. met all the hype/expectations i had constructed in my head. definitely one i'm gonna revisit multiple times. 

• Like 1

On 5/10/2024 at 8:12 PM, Fresh Prince said:

Everybody wants some. Don’t think it’s as good as D&C, but was a really good follow up to Mitch’s story.

saw that one a while ago. i remember it feeling kinda tight. didn't breathe like D&C, so was kinda disappointed. 

On 5/11/2024 at 8:53 PM, jetsfan4life51 said:

Rewatched Dawn and War of the Planet of the Apes.  Pumped to watch Kingdom next weekend.

It’s crazy how many movies they’ve made since the one I claimed felt like they were milking it at that point

26 minutes ago, FinneasGage said:

feel like sydney sweeney is a distractingly bad actor lol 

My fiancé loved it, but it wasn’t a good film. Glenn Powell tried his best to carry the film, I don’t see the hype with Sweeney. She has nice assets, but an average face 

24 minutes ago, Fresh Prince said:

My fiancé loved it, but it wasn’t a good film. Glenn Powell tried his best to carry the film, I don’t see the hype with Sweeney. She has nice assets, but an average face 

I never fall asleep in the theater but I fell asleep pretty early on in that one and woke up and they were on a helicopter and it was wrapping up 

The Birdcage was hilarious.  Robin Williams and Gene Hackman are both funny in this.  Nathan Lane was a scene stealer, he was great in it.  Williams and Lane are a gay couple who live above the drag club they run.  Williams son says he's getting married to the daughter of a conservative senator, who's coming to meet them.  The entire dinner scene is worth the price of admission.  Worth watching every year or two.  8/10

Lionheart, and old Van Damme movie.  He's an ex French soldier who comes to L.A. after hearing his brother was set on fire.  He becomes involved in underground fighting, and takes it up as a means to pay his brothers wife and daughter.  Nothing special here.  A few neat places to have fights(racketball court, semi filled pool) but with little tension.  It was good to see Van Damme take his share of hits, but overall, this movie is just something to watch.  5/10

• Like 2

Jumanji really holds up. The CGI monkeys look like trash but everything else was well done. My 8 year old was glued to the screen & will definitely want to watch it again

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bowler1215 said:

The Birdcage was hilarious.  Robin Williams and Gene Hackman are both funny in this.  Nathan Lane was a scene stealer, he was great in it.  Williams and Lane are a gay couple who live above the drag club they run.  Williams son says he's getting married to the daughter of a conservative senator, who's coming to meet them.  The entire dinner scene is worth the price of admission.  Worth watching every year or two.  8/10

Absolutely love the birdcage. Never gets old. 

I don't know why, but the "how do you think I feel? Betrayed. Bewildered" hits me so hard every time that I laugh out loud without fail 

Hank azaria in the shoes lol such a stupid gag, but it works. 

Top top casting in that one. Dianne wiest and Christine baranski are perfect for their roles. I dunno know why, but I can totally buy baranski for just not having the time or patience to deal with a kid and just giving him up to Armand.

I feel like it was so important to have Nathan Lane in that role. That role really needed to be someone who could be legitimately over the top just to keep Williams in check. 

The movie did a nice job on the non comedy moments too. There were some sincere moments in there

Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2024 at 7:38 PM, Bowler1215 said:

Lionheart, and old Van Damme movie.  He's an ex French soldier who comes to L.A. after hearing his brother was set on fire.  He becomes involved in underground fighting, and takes it up as a means to pay his brothers wife and daughter.  Nothing special here.  A few neat places to have fights(racketball court, semi filled pool) but with little tension.  It was good to see Van Damme take his share of hits, but overall, this movie is just something to watch.  5/10

Yeah definitely in the bottom half of van damme movies

My favorites are

1a.univeraal solider

1b. Death Warrant

2. Bloodsport

3. Hard Target

4. Timecop

5. The double identity one where he plays the good and bad guy

6. Nowhere to Run

Edited by Malfatron

On 5/12/2024 at 12:49 AM, FinneasGage said:

814odoGaEdL._AC_UF350,350_QL50_.jpg

saw stalker at one of the local arthouse theaters after i'd been coincidently planning on watching it anyway. met all the hype/expectations i had constructed in my head. definitely one i'm gonna revisit multiple times. 

Though insanely talented and visionary, Tarkovsky only made two movies tolerable enough to watch. This was one of them.