What movie are you watching?

Forge

13 hours ago, Tyty said:

I keep seeing memes about the ted bundy movie. I’m probably not going to watch it but the complaints are that it doesn’t even show him in action, just him in court after getting caught? Like, what’s the point of that? Who gives a ****?

And even then, they tried to portray it as him being falsely accused until the very end. Hell, I didn't even know it was a Ted Bundy movie until they mentioned his name.

On 5/14/2019 at 12:18 AM, KManX89 said:

And even then, they tried to portray it as him being falsely accused until the very end. Hell, I didn't even know it was a Ted Bundy movie until they mentioned his name.

Again, it's from the perspective of his long-time girlfriend, thus the reason why it was portrayed the way it was portrayed. It was more about her than Bundy. 

18 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Again, it's from the perspective of his long-time girlfriend, thus the reason why it was portrayed the way it was portrayed. It was more about her than Bundy. 

I get that that's what they were going for but then they should have actually focused on her more. As the movie was I really didn't get the sense that it was from her perspective at all. It should've actually been filmed that way instead of us getting most of the movie with her nowhere near the events and filmed from an objective perspective.

Just now, rackcs said:

I get that that's what they were going for but then they should have actually focused on her more. As the movie was I really didn't get the sense that it was from her perspective at all. It should've actually been filmed that way instead of us getting most of the movie with her nowhere near the events and filmed from an objective perspective.

They focused on her as much as it would allow. Nobody's watching a movie that's main character is Ted Bundy's girlfriend while he's in prison. They focused on quite a bit in regards to her. I'd say as much as half the movie was geared towards her. It even started out with her going out with friends and meeting him, not vice versa. 

On 5/14/2019 at 8:52 AM, MikeT14 said:

I think the PG-13 hurt AQP for me. The acting was superb though.

How so? It's not like they went out of their way for a PG-13 rating, it was just the kind of movie that didn't really require any gratuitous violence, swearing, or sex. Not that that's a bad thing, there have been plenty of movies that would've been better off rated R, this was not one of those movies imo.

And Birdbox was a mess btw, it's only popular for the memes.

Every plot point of AQP was for a reason, the sign of a great movie. Birdbox added and killed off characters just to waste time. The difference between the quality and execution of the respective scripts is massive.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

They focused on her as much as it would allow. Nobody's watching a movie that's main character is Ted Bundy's girlfriend while he's in prison. They focused on quite a bit in regards to her. I'd say as much as half the movie was geared towards her. It even started out with her going out with friends and meeting him, not vice versa. 

Yeah but if only half of the movie at most (and I think it was quite a bit less than that) was focused on the girlfriend then they should've scrapped the whole idea of filming it from her perspective. It just came across as disjointed. 

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

Yeah but if only half of the movie at most (and I think it was quite a bit less than that) was focused on the girlfriend then they should've scrapped the whole idea of filming it from her perspective. It just came across as disjointed. 

I disagree. I thought it was fine. I just think other people were expecting something totally different than what they got. It's fine. 

3 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

I disagree. I thought it was fine. I just think other people were expecting something totally different than what they got. It's fine. 

That's fair. Everyone can interpret it differently. I knew that that's what they were going for before I watched it and that's sort of why I was disappointed in it.

If you all want to see a great New Zealand movie I'd recommend, dark knight. 

This movie based on a true story, stars cliff curtis, who does the best and most realistic, portrayal of a person with a serious mental health issue I have ever seen. Cliff stars as Genesis, a former New Zealand chess champion, who starts a chess club for under privileged children in an area of New Zealand that is infamous for poverty, drug use and gang violence. 

The story is heart breaking, gritty, and ultimately redemptive. 10/10.

10 hours ago, jjab360 said:

How so? It's not like they went out of their way for a PG-13 rating, it was just the kind of movie that didn't really require any gratuitous violence, swearing, or sex. Not that that's a bad thing, there have been plenty of movies that would've been better off rated R, this was not one of those movies imo.

And Birdbox was a mess btw, it's only popular for the memes.

Every plot point of AQP was for a reason, the sign of a great movie. Birdbox added and killed off characters just to waste time. The difference between the quality and execution of the respective scripts is massive.

Don't know what to tell you, cause I just didn't see it that way. I was on the edge of my seat for Birdbox. AQP didn't really do that for me. Solid movie, but I never saw the hype. I can see why Birdbox is heavily divided too, mind you.