What movie are you watching?

Forge

10 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

The family watched Dr Strange tonight.  It holds up so well. One of the best scores in the MCU, fantastic visuals, good acting, and I think Kaisilius gets a little undersold as a villain.  He's not top tier, but he was a solid orgin movie villain and they set up Mordo so well for the sequels.  Can't wait for Multiverse of Madness.

Yeah, the bartering scene is one of Marvels best

You know how you start a movie and within the first five minutes you get a good sense of whether or not you’ll love it or hate it or somewhere between?  Well I’m watching Underwater and I’ve got a pretty good sense I’m going to enjoy it.  Hate that I got interrupted, but whatever.  Okay shut up I’m going to finish it now.

Underwater was really good.  It was a lot like The Cloverfield Paradox in that it got me all hyped up, but then fizzled out.  Unlike The Cloverfield Paradox, it didn’t fizzle out terribly and the final 20 minutes were still good.

Did not match my hype for the first 45 minutes and if it did I probably wouldn’t shut up about it, but still really good.  Because of the first 45 minutes I give it a 9/10, which will probably fall to 8/10 on the second viewing.  It would probably make my top 200 favorites list for a while.

Really wish there were more movies like this.  Fox was the only studio that took chances like this and now they’re dead.  

Jumanji

Kevin Hart is so terrible.    Literally the only thing Ive ever liked him in is the very short part he had in 40 Year Old Virgin. 

I really dont get what people find appealing about the guy.    He plays the same character in literally everything (squirrely, quirky black guy...ha...ha), which wouldnt be an issue if he were funny...which he isnt IMO, and most of his movies are just trash.     The fact that he wasnt THE main actor in Jumanji is the only thing that really saved it.   

On 4/20/2020 at 2:22 AM, FourThreeMafia said:

Jumanji

Kevin Hart is so terrible.    Literally the only thing Ive ever liked him in is the very short part he had in 40 Year Old Virgin. 

I really dont get what people find appealing about the guy.    He plays the same character in literally everything (squirrely, quirky black guy...ha...ha), which wouldnt be an issue if he were funny...which he isnt IMO, and most of his movies are just trash.     The fact that he wasnt THE main actor in Jumanji is the only thing that really saved it.   

Kevin Hart's best work is in Scary Movie 3, and it's mostly Anthony Anderson

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dieb48Ry78

5 minutes ago, RamRod said:

The Police Story movies with Jackie Chan. Think I'll watch Rumble in the Bronx tonight.

Man Hong Kong & Taiwan action movies from the 1980s - early 1990s go so damn hard. Literally no regard for the safety of the extras, stunt people, the set, etc. So Dope.

2 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Fiancé had me watch Friends with Kids last night, and now watching Wine Country (woooofffff)

My turn to pick tonight

Ouch. You’re gonna need something stronger than wine to get through Wine Country.  Something like Everclear.