What movie are you watching?

Forge

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

After finishing our unit on the Great Depression and New Deal and headed into Christmas Break/exams, I always show my students "Cinderella Man". It's a favorite of mine and the students love it. Well rounded solid movie.

I'm absolutely not looking to get political here, but I'm curious... Do you ever show your students 13th? If so, how do they usually respond to it? The only mention of it that I could find was a post from @D82 a couple years ago.

I think it's one of those documentaries that everyone should see.

6 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

I'm absolutely not looking to get political here, but I'm curious... Do you ever show your students 13th? If so, how do they usually respond to it? The only mention of it that I could find was a post from @D82 a couple years ago.

I think it's one of those documentaries that everyone should see.

That’s more of a government thing as opposed to US HISTORY given we start with the Industrial Revolution. 

3 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Gotcha. For some reason I was thinking you also taught sociology or something.

I know our government teachers show a clip or 2. I used to teach sociology. I teach a couple of college western civilization classes now and psychology too.

• Like 1

The Bridge on the River Kwai.

#2 and #3 on the underrated actors of all time list…

Alec Guiness, William Holden.

I hate how Guiness is remembered only as Obi-Wan when he was excellent, but I hate more how William Holden… Most people don’t even recognize the name.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I hate how Guiness is remembered only as Obi-Wan when he was excellent, but I hate more how William Holden… Most people don’t even recognize the name.

I usually dont like movies from the 1930s, but i enjoyed this flick

12 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

My great grandparents had a sweet story they liked to share about seeing that movie on their first date. Shortly after that they had my grandma in 1935. I still have yet to see the movie though. 

• Like 1

Got around to Enola Holmes 2.  Solid, but a clear step down from the first one.  I'm still in for a third if they make it, but man o man did they botch part of the ending.  The part that should have been the easiest to really nail too transformed into an eye roll moment.

B-

Edited by THE DUKE

3 hours ago, Ty21 said:

My great grandparents had a sweet story they liked to share about seeing that movie on their first date. Shortly after that they had my grandma in 1935. I still have yet to see the movie though. 

You’re all a bunch of uncultured MCU Transformer doofuses who wouldn’t know a classic if your lives depended on it.