What movie are you watching?

Forge

9 hours ago, Fresh Prince said:

Finally sat down and watched Christmas Vacation for the first time. Not sure if it was the Alcohol, but my father and I couldn’t stop laughing. Will add it to the yearly Christmas movie list now.

Christmas Vacation is an absolute classic that I still find entertaining after watching it multiple times, but I’ll never understand why TBS/TNT plays A Christmas Story on repeat. That one is boring to me.

The Great Escape.

Never really enjoyed Steve McQueen. I feel like he was his generation’s…

He was like his generation’s mix between Ryan Gosling and Channing Tatum. His appeal was more his charisma and persona than acting ability.

But Charles Bronson is probably one of my favorite actors of all time (not best, just favorite), and James Coburn as well.

11 hours ago, JohnChimpo said:

Christmas Vacation is an absolute classic that I still find entertaining after watching it multiple times, but I’ll never understand why TBS/TNT plays A Christmas Story on repeat. That one is boring to me.

For people born in the 1946-1979 range it really captured the tone and aesthetic of their childhoods around Christmas, and that nostalgia resonates like nobody's business.  I was born in '81 and while I do like the movie, I get where you are coming from.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

For people born in the 1946-1979 range it really captured the tone and aesthetic of their childhoods around Christmas, and that nostalgia resonates like nobody's business.  I was born in '81 and while I do like the movie, I get where you are coming from.

Yeah I was born in 85, and while I understand why some people would like it, playing it all day is a bit much.

58 minutes ago, JohnChimpo said:

Yeah I was born in 85, and while I understand why some people would like it, playing it all day is a bit much.

My best guess is that some TBS exec just absolutely adores it and it got good enough ratings to keep doing it. 

Thinking a second about it though, licensing costs are fixed and that provides a cheap content filler on a low ratings day (outside of live sports) nationally.

23 minutes ago, THE DUKE said:

My best guess is that some TBS exec just absolutely adores it and it got good enough ratings to keep doing it. 

Thinking a second about it though, licensing costs are fixed and that provides a cheap content filler on a low ratings day (outside of live sports) nationally.

I know nothing about licensing costs. Makes sense.

Clerks 3 was actually really good. I never even bothered watching Clerks 2, but my wife wanted to watch this and I absolutely loved it. I don't want to say anything much about it because spoilers would ruin this one IMO.

I will say, the first half of the movie is kind of a slog mainly due to one bad actor (Elias character) but once he stops speaking so often the character grows on you. 

9 minutes ago, adamq said:

Clerks 3 was actually really good. I never even bothered watching Clerks 2, but my wife wanted to watch this and I absolutely loved it. I don't want to say anything much about it because spoilers would ruin this one IMO.

I will say, the first half of the movie is kind of a slog mainly due to one bad actor (Elias character) but once he stops speaking so often the character grows on you. 

I love Clerks II. It gets a little wild at the end, but it's great.

• Like 3

Black Adam sucked. 

i really hope Gunn’s DCU does away with: terrible looking CGI enemies (it looks bad every single time), super sexy zoomed in slowmo shots of the heroes in action, dumb campy side characters added to add comedic relief but they’ve been copying the same dumb campy character marvel came up with years ago. 

Either that or MCU and DC should just stop making superhero movies for like a decade.